"GOLD TRUMPET INSTRUMENT" Bookmark and Share

Sell and Buy equipment via Ebay and Craigslist
Forum rules
This is for posting links to off site deals that you are not personally selling,but wanting to pass along good deals

"GOLD TRUMPET INSTRUMENT"

Postby hup_d_dup » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:22 pm

Appears to be a Stradavarius with stuck valve. At $25 opening bid, probably worth looking into, if you can pick it up in Oklahoma City.

http://www.govliquidation.com/auction/v ... rce=Eloqua

Hup
hup_d_dup
4 valves
4 valves

Re: "GOLD TRUMPET INSTRUMENT"

Postby The Big Ben » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:35 pm

It's a Selmer TR300 which is their student model. (See the description at the bottom of the listing.)
The Big Ben
6 valves
6 valves

Postby hup_d_dup » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:21 pm

There is a stop rod below the 3rd valve slide. This is a feature of a Strad, not a TR300. The case, with its interior covering flap, also appears to be a Strad case, not a student model case.

I think the description - gold trumpet instrument - could mean they may not know what they have.

Hup
hup_d_dup
4 valves
4 valves

Postby The Big Ben » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:40 pm

Hmmm... I don't know as much as you about this sort of thing.

If I lived within a half hour of OKC, it might be worth a roll of the dice on the condition of that valve. If it's a Strad and could be had for $50, $200 would fix a lot of things and be a heck of a deal. However, I live just about as far west as one can go and still be in the continental US. If I could bring the Seattle Supersonics back with me when I came home, I'd consider it.... ;)
The Big Ben
6 valves
6 valves

Postby the elephant » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:17 pm

Four days left, now up to $55. It is a Strad so far as I can tell. It is BEAT, though. It almost looks like they tried to wash it in very hot water years ago. I do not see red rot on the leadpipe or main tuning slide crook, so it may actually be clean-ish inside. If that case then I would bet the stuck valve it actually damaged and not just heinously dirty.

Who knows? It could require a lot of work to make worthwhile. I would buy it if I could get it for about $250 just for the parts.

I am betting that the person who tagged these for the auction mixed up two different horns, so that someone bought a TR300 listed as a Bach Strad. Bummer for them...
In the multiverse there is a TubeNet where we talk about how we greased our cat with toothpaste and hot sauce so it would fly better in the rain. Even then someone would ask whether the cat was lacquered or silver plated.
the elephant
Papa Legba
Papa Legba

Return to Off-Site deals and Ads