what is needed on eBay: Bookmark and Share

Sell and Buy equipment via Ebay and Craigslist
Forum rules
This is for posting links to off site deals that you are not personally selling,but wanting to pass along good deals

Re: what is needed on eBay:

Postby the elephant » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:48 am

PayPal has been independent of eBay for three years now. (This is why you can use is all over the Internet.) That deal has restrictions, like they cannot offer their services to Amazon, specifically, but I think this was for a set amount of time, and Amazon has been after PayPal since they calved off of eBay. I think it will happen soon. In fact, eBay will be severing ties with PayPal this year, opting to use a Dutch company. I think that this may see PayPal finally coming to Amazon. PayPal has been around since 1998 but was bought by eBay in 2002. PayPal was "spun off" by eBay in the summer of 2015.
WARNING: Never post your tuba's serial number without an XX at the end. This throws the crooks off the scent. True story.
the elephant
Papa Legba
Papa Legba

Re: what is needed on eBay:

Postby tofu » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:00 am

the elephant wrote:PayPal has been independent of eBay for three years now. (This is why you can use is all over the Internet.) That deal has restrictions, like they cannot offer their services to Amazon, specifically, but I think this was for a set amount of time, and Amazon has been after PayPal since they calved off of eBay. I think it will happen soon. In fact, eBay will be severing ties with PayPal this year, opting to use a Dutch company. I think that this may see PayPal finally coming to Amazon. PayPal has been around since 1998 but was bought by eBay in 2002. PayPal was "spun off" by eBay in the summer of 2015.

Paypal was established back in 1998. The IPO (initial public offering) was in July 2002. This was a big pay day & source of wealth for Elon Musk and fueled his Tesla & Space X start ups. Shortly thereafter it became a wholly owned subsidiary of eBay. eBay then spun-off PayPal into an independent company for the second time back in July 2015 and it now trades on Nasdaq again under the ticker symbol (PYPL). Recently eBay announced that the existing eBay-PayPal agreement will continue until 2023 and that PayPal will remain a payment option for shoppers on eBay. It just won’t be prominently featured ahead of debit and credit card options like it is now. As far as being an option on Amazon the issue has been fee split between the two. AMZN really sticks it to be on its system much like Costco has done over the years to allow users to use your card. First it was Discover - then Costco got a better deal squeezing AmEx and now it is Citi. I'm amazed that Costco has such elasticity with it's customers to get them to go along with the hassle of having to have whatever one card Costco allows to be used. While it's huge volume the credit card companies really get margin squeezed by Costco. I'm sure AMZN would be even worse to partner up with. PayPal is also getting heavy push back from individual customers due to the perceived high fees and more and more competition (alternatives for secure payment) coming into the space.
tofu
5 valves
5 valves

Previous

Return to Off-Site deals and Ads