Portland CL: Conn Strobotuner

Sell and Buy equipment via Ebay and Craigslist
Forum rules
This is for posting links to off site deals that you are not personally selling,but wanting to pass along good deals
bigtubby
4 valves
4 valves

Re: Portland CL: Conn Strobotuner

Post by bigtubby »

Memory lane! There are several of those lying about here, including a couple of the old brown ones. They sort of match my (used every day) Simpson 260 VOM.
American sailboats, airplanes, banjos, guitars and flutes ...
Italian motorcycles and cars ...
German cameras and tubas ...
Life is Good.
Donn
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Donn »

Not being a music major, I missed the day where they show you how it works, so the one I saw once or twice back in the '80s was just pale orange psychedelia. But this one looks fundamentally different, like it lights up on a sort of pitch dial position, where the one I remember was equally bright all the way around.

I have an android stroboscope tuner app on my cellular phone, but best as I can make out, it doesn't have any useful features beyond an ordinary tuner app. Not that it has much to go on, as I'm sure the builtin mic is not much.
bigtubby
4 valves
4 valves

Post by bigtubby »

the elephant wrote:Man, I would kill to have one of those in working order. Best tuners ever. You can tune 3rds, 7ths, 5ths or just equal temper. Strobes are so much better than these cheap digital tuners we use today, which are frequently wrong. These are the real deal. Wish I had the cash and were up in Oregon...
You realize that there are many quite accurate digital implementations of this concept, correct? Ranging from pretty decent cell phone apps to, say, the Petersons.
American sailboats, airplanes, banjos, guitars and flutes ...
Italian motorcycles and cars ...
German cameras and tubas ...
Life is Good.