Asking a Bit Much, eh? Bookmark and Share

Sell and Buy equipment via Ebay and Craigslist
Forum rules
This is for posting links to off site deals that you are not personally selling,but wanting to pass along good deals

Asking a Bit Much, eh?

Postby AaronC1901 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:11 pm

Conn 36J
Conn 20J
Campbell & Mundheim Tenor Sousa
AaronC1901
bugler
bugler

Re: Asking a Bit Much, eh?

Postby PMeuph » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:19 pm

I'd be willing to wager he'd take $700.00 :o :o :o
Yamaha YEP-642s
Boosey & Hawkes 19" Bell Imperial EEb
PMeuph
5 valves
5 valves

Postby the elephant » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:38 pm

That there is what you call a blat-weasel.

And I pawned my tuba at McBride many years ago (1990?) and they did me right. I had an emergency, had to drop everything and fly to Chicago from DFW that night. A plane ticket bought on the day of the flight for that route was about $800 back then, and I had like $60 in the bank. I did not have a credit card. So I packed my horn off to McBride. The counterman looked up my horn in the book that has the value of pretty much every used item made by humans, asked me how much I wanted in loan for the tuba. I told him and he almost balked for two reasons.

• My loan request was far, far too low. I had established that it was my horn and not hot. He was just afraid of taking advantage of me.

• My income was sketchy, at best, as a UNT student who lived off private teaching. He was really afraid I would mess up and lose the horn.

I had it amount covered, though, but it would be a few days before I had the actual cash, and I needed to go right then. I got my horn out of pawn like five days later, though.

That was - at the time - the most honest pawn shop I had ever worked with. So yeah, he probably just left out the decimal point, heh, heh...
Click here for a look at the best 6/4 now on the market...
the elephant
Papa Legba
Papa Legba

Postby thejester10276 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:30 am

thejester10276
bugler
bugler

Return to Off-Site deals and Ads