Tampa CL: Vintage Olds tuba

Sell and Buy equipment via Ebay and Craigslist
Forum rules
This is for posting links to off site deals that you are not personally selling,but wanting to pass along good deals
Donn
6 valves
6 valves

Re: Tampa CL: Vintage Olds tuba

Post by Donn »

Sure, a picture could help identify it. I doubt that it's what the seller says, a 1934 Olds recording bell tuba - the reason you don't see very many of them, is because they never existed. The story I have is a little vague on when tuba production started, but certainly after WWII, probably not until the '50s.
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

I'm looking forward to seeing the Classic corn that has detachable Bill. :?:
Donn
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Donn »

I recognize the paradox in trying to make this ad make sense, but "can be Classic corn that has detachable Bill" ... I'd guess either he meant to write "horn", or less likely it's an illusion to the old-fashioned/unpretentious ("corny") image of the bell front configuration. Conn doesn't really fit there as he's already made it clear he think it's an Olds. Anyway, it's for the intrepid local who's willing to make the trip on the chance that it's a gold-spray-painted treasure.
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

Might have just meant "old" instead of "Olds" as well.

Either way, clearly a bit of a language gap, and a 1934 tuba is still going to be very intriguing for someone out there!