Conn Monster

Sell and Buy equipment via Ebay and Craigslist
Forum rules
This is for posting links to off site deals that you are not personally selling,but wanting to pass along good deals
Donn
6 valves
6 valves

Re: Conn Monster

Post by Donn »

Me too (the Pan American) - I've never been to a TubaChristmas, but I've used it for various "such." Possibly. Public performance, though, which I'm not sure applies for TubaChristmas. Mine has a gold wash bell.

I didn't find the low end, below C, to be very good. Mine's a little roughed up, could have something to do with it, but ... the seller mentions his abandoned plan for a new valve section, I'm guessing with more valves - which would give you better access to low notes that don't have much meat on them, if it's like mine. You'd think otherwise with such a large bell, but I think it's a more complicated design issue, an oversized Eb tuba that plays well on the larger lengths of valve tubing. C is great, but Bb, I have a bad memory of having to hold that note in an exposed situation.
Donn
6 valves
6 valves

Re: Conn Monster

Post by Donn »

Sounds just like mine so far. Except for the solid Bb, and the finish. Mine's something like 1926, so as I understand it, wouldn't have been lacquered - silver plate, or bare brass.