Bohm & Meinl

Sell and Buy equipment via Ebay and Craigslist
Forum rules
This is for posting links to off site deals that you are not personally selling,but wanting to pass along good deals
dantetuba
bugler
bugler

Bohm & Meinl

Post by dantetuba »

Is that a Marzan ?
https://m.ebay.com/itm/Bohm-Meinl-4-Val ... SwM9RbKb24" target="_blank" target="_blank
EdFirth
4 valves
4 valves

Re: Bohm & Meinl

Post by EdFirth »

Bohm&Meinl built those Marzan tubas.They are pretty much the same horn with one having the main tuning slide up top(Marzan). I guess the stuff on the bell will tell you how it's badged but a Bohm Meinl is a Marzan and a Marzan is a Bohm Meinl. And they are both decendants of the York Master Model horns which were German built Yorks.FWIW, Ed And yes, there was a smaller horn that was built by Wilson.
The Singing Whale
dantetuba
bugler
bugler

Post by dantetuba »

Nice.
Thanks!

I just "Google" and I've found this picture and its seems the same model.

https://simonettitubacollection.files.w ... 009091.jpg" target="_blank
Dan Schultz
TubaTinker
TubaTinker

Post by Dan Schultz »

How come when I click the link in the original post I get a Brasswind listing for a Coolwind plastic tuba?
Dan Schultz
"The Village Tinker"
http://www.thevillagetinker.com" target="_blank
Current 'stable'... Rudolf Meinl 5/4, Marzan (by Willson) euph, King 2341, Alphorn, and other strange stuff.
windshieldbug
Once got the "hand" as a cue
Once got the "hand" as a cue

Post by windshieldbug »

Dan Schultz wrote:How come when I click the link in the original post I get a Brasswind listing for a Coolwind plastic tuba?

eBay has changed the way they handle when an auction closes.
They take you to a similar open auction instead of the closing details.
You will notice a line at the top that says:
"The listing you’re looking for is no longer available. Check out this similar item we found for you."
If you click "listing" in that sentence (which is a link) you will be taken to the closing screen you thought you should get.
Instead of talking to your plants, if you yelled at them would they still grow, but only to be troubled and insecure?
Dan Schultz
TubaTinker
TubaTinker

Post by Dan Schultz »

windshieldbug wrote:
Dan Schultz wrote:How come when I click the link in the original post I get a Brasswind listing for a Coolwind plastic tuba?

eBay has changed the way they handle when an auction closes.
They take you to a similar open auction instead of the closing details.
You will notice a line at the top that says:
"The listing you’re looking for is no longer available. Check out this similar item we found for you."
If you click "listing" in that sentence (which is a link) you will be taken to the closing screen you thought you should get.
I figured that's what was going on. Thanks for the tip about clicking on the 'listing' feature.
Dan Schultz
"The Village Tinker"
http://www.thevillagetinker.com" target="_blank
Current 'stable'... Rudolf Meinl 5/4, Marzan (by Willson) euph, King 2341, Alphorn, and other strange stuff.
dantetuba
bugler
bugler

Post by dantetuba »

humBell
4 valves
4 valves

Post by humBell »

Other one has some assembly required, with the leadpipe detached and missing valve cap and stem and maybe other stuff.

But at a glance it has the upward turned tuning slide of the Marzan. I could be mistaking a 4th valve loop, but i don't think so...
Thanks for playing!