Henri Gautier Eb

Sell and Buy equipment via Ebay and Craigslist
Forum rules
This is for posting links to off site deals that you are not personally selling,but wanting to pass along good deals
tyrell1111
bugler
bugler

Re: Henri Gautier Eb

Post by tyrell1111 »

Anyone know if this is an ok buy? I've been looking at getting an Eb for a bit
B.M.E. - Wartburg College (2018)
4v BBb Martin Mammoth
Donn
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Donn »

I'd go check it out, if you think you can manage with only 3 valves. Bring a tuner or something, because you need to find out whether it's modern "A=440hz" pitch or something else, like high pitch that would make it a play-by-yourself-only option. There's no shipping, you can't buy this by mail anyway, so hopefully you're within reasonable travel distance. It could be leaky, the valves might be shot, who knows - looks good to me, but checking it out yourself is the only way to know.

I personally am kind of on the lookout for something like this - a normal size Eb bass in decent shape for not too much money - but I'd rather have 4 valves, on a bass tuba. It looks like that may be pretty rare, though, as the old US made Eb tubas usually came with 4 valves only in the larger "monster" models, so if you want an ordinary size bass tuba, something like this may be about as good as it gets.
apurdum
bugler
bugler

Post by apurdum »

I own a Silver Henri Gautier Virtuoso that looks almost identical to this one. I love my horn, I really wish it had a 4th valve, but other than that I have no complaints. Obviously the condition of the valves on this one could be completely different.
Miraphone 188CC
Henri Gautier Virtuoso Eb
Weril Euphonium