Nirschl on Ebay?

Sell and Buy equipment via Ebay and Craigslist
Forum rules
This is for posting links to off site deals that you are not personally selling,but wanting to pass along good deals
dtemp
3 valves
3 valves

Nirschl on Ebay?

Post by dtemp »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 25248&rd=1

Is this for real? The picture seems to be one of a Besson 995 taken directly from the WWBW website (notice the botched Photoshop job at top).
http://www.wwbw.com/Besson-995-Professi ... 5475.music
Anyone know anything about this?[/url]
TexTuba
5 valves
5 valves

Post by TexTuba »

It can't be real. I mean, they didn't even spell it right! :lol:

Ralph
windshieldbug
Once got the "hand" as a cue

Post by windshieldbug »

Look a little further, though...

"The 995 Besson CC Tuba

A Walter Nirschl Design
A highly efficient instrument with a wide dynamic range and a powerful low register, this tuba provides maximum sound output with less effort than other makes of CC tuba."
Last edited by windshieldbug on Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lew
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Lew »

Whether real or not, look at the feedback. I would be very reluctant to buy from someone with this track record. They may actually have the horn, and it may be a good deal, depending on the reserve, but I would avoid it if only due to the seller's integrity, or lack thereof.
TexTuba
5 valves
5 valves

Post by TexTuba »

windshieldbug wrote:Look a little further, though...

"The 995 Besson CC Tuba

A Walter Nirschl Design
A highly efficient instrument with a wide dynamic range and a powerful low register, this tuba provides maximum sound output with less effort than other makes of CC tuba."
Yes, but then there's this:
Ebay listing wrote:Almost new Walter Nirschl 4/4 CC Tuba for sale. The horn is in perfect condition and looks new. This horn is silver plated and is one of the original made by Walter Nirschl himself.

This is misleading. It may have been designed by him but NOT made by him.

Ralph
windshieldbug

Post by windshieldbug »

TexTuba wrote:This is misleading. It may have been designed by him but NOT made by him
mea culpa!
Chuck(G)
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Chuck(G) »

I've emailed the seller; he freely admits that the horn photo is from Dillon's web site. He's down in Ft. Lauderdale and says that anyone who's interested can come and look at the horn before bidding.

His feedback profile bothers me too, and I wouldn't bid on the horn without seeing and playing it.
Tom
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Tom »

A few years ago there was a 4/4 Nirschl for sale in that part of the country on ebay that was purchased by a friend of mine. The seller prompty took his money and then moved, changed phone numbers, refused emails, etc. He also did not provide the flight case as was included in the auction. My friend eventually tracked him down through the authorities and with the help of the seller's parents, located him and took posession of the tuba, but was still out a flight case. A few months later another listing showed up with the exact same description and pictures under a different name with a less than perfect feedback rating.

Same sales pitch too...perfect condition, an original, not needed after college, includes a load of accessories, come and try it, etc...

Buyer Beware :?: