Ebay: Is this really an Alexander?

Sell and Buy equipment via Ebay and Craigslist
Forum rules
This is for posting links to off site deals that you are not personally selling,but wanting to pass along good deals
groth
3 valves
3 valves

Re: Ebay: Is this really an Alexander?

Post by groth »

Nothing that really screams it isn't. There was another one of these "swapped" bell horns that appeared last year online, doubt it happens twice.
Dan Schultz
TubaTinker
TubaTinker

Post by Dan Schultz »

I keep hoping Tim Sullivan will chime in on this one. In a similar discussion on the tuba/euphonium Facebook page I think he suggested that Alexander, B & S, and VMI were virtually one in the same during a period in European history. What we see here in the US is limited by what is sold here in the US. There are lots of things that never reach our shores.
Dan Schultz
"The Village Tinker"
http://www.thevillagetinker.com" target="_blank
Current 'stable'... Rudolf Meinl 5/4, Marzan (by Willson) euph, King 2341, Alphorn, and other strange stuff.
groth
3 valves
3 valves

Post by groth »

Dan Schultz wrote:I keep hoping Tim Sullivan will chime in on this one. In a similar discussion on the tuba/euphonium Facebook page I think he suggested that Alexander, B & S, and VMI were virtually one in the same during a period in European history. What we see here in the US is limited by what is sold here in the US. There are lots of things that never reach our shores.
I seem to remember reading that one, love hearing from the guys who immersed themselves into a particular area of horn study and can tell you everything you don't hear in the general discussion threads. I will have to look him up and hear his conclusion.