Seattle CL: Multiple Instruments

Sell and Buy equipment via Ebay and Craigslist
Forum rules
This is for posting links to off site deals that you are not personally selling,but wanting to pass along good deals
Donn
6 valves
6 valves

Re: Seattle CL: Multiple Instruments

Post by Donn »

7th image looks like an F tuba, Firebird or whatever, not listed in the text. Maybe because that picture wasn't supposed to be there, or maybe because he feels if you're going to buy that, you don't need anyone to tell you what it is.
Douglas
Low Brass Teacher
Low Brass Teacher

Post by Douglas »

Donn wrote:7th image looks like an F tuba, Firebird or whatever, not listed in the text. Maybe because that picture wasn't supposed to be there, or maybe because he feels if you're going to buy that, you don't need anyone to tell you what it is.
That's an older 181.

Also, why is the 25J worth less with 2 bells? It says 3k for one bell or 2.5k for two.
Doug Black, D.M.A.
Assistant Professor of Music, Alabama A&M University
Eastman Tuba Artist
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

Dave's Musical Instruments
What They Are, What They're Worth
Are the "it's worth..." dollar amounts the prices? I've read this twice, and didn't see any mention of these things actually being for sale.
SousaWarrior9
3 valves
3 valves

Post by SousaWarrior9 »

bort wrote:
Dave's Musical Instruments
What They Are, What They're Worth
Are the "it's worth..." dollar amounts the prices? I've read this twice, and didn't see any mention of these things actually being for sale.
I contacted the seller. Apparently, this is an estate sale of sorts and the items have been appraised (by who, I don't know) for the amounts listed in the ad. Prices are firm, unfortunately, which doesn't bode well for that $9000 saxophone.
"Some men are macho men. Others are Martin men"

It's that word "handcraft"...
MikeBake
lurker
lurker

Post by MikeBake »

I bought my 48k from this seller. It's unfortunate if the prices are firm as I was able to negotiate my price.
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

Prices are firm... until things sit unsold. There is no such thing as an estate sale with firm prices, right? The whole point is to move stuff!
greenbean
Superfine Cases
Superfine Cases

Post by greenbean »

Wow, some good stuff. And, yeah, those prices look like "appraisals"... High but not too ridiculous. The bass clarinets are the real deal and worth 75% of his prices. The $9000 is a Selmer Mark VI bari! He even has a bass sax! This guy had major GAS and a budget to support it.
-----
Tom Rice
http://www.superfinecases.com
Mirafone 184 BBb
B&M Marzan BBb
1974 Besson Eb