Bohm & Meinl 5520

Sell and Buy equipment via Ebay and Craigslist
Forum rules
This is for posting links to off site deals that you are not personally selling,but wanting to pass along good deals
tclements
TubeNet Sponsor
TubeNet Sponsor

Re: Bohm & Meinl 5520

Post by tclements »

HUH. Looks just like a CB-50.
EdFirth
4 valves
4 valves

Post by EdFirth »

They are CB50 like but are descandants of the York Master Model horns that Boehm Meinl built which were in turn tweaked a bit and became Marzan tubas. They have a .750 bore and Mr Marzan put the main tuning slide by the left hand. Which this one has. They are definitely "York Descendants".I had one in Bb with detatchable bells and it was great. If I wasn't selling off to retirement I would go try and probably buy. Ed
The Singing Whale
UDELBR
Deletedaccounts
Deletedaccounts

Post by UDELBR »

More like a Marzan, with the main tuning slide facing up where the left hand can move it. 'Course, B&M built those.
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

tclements wrote:HUH. Looks just like a CB-50.
The first picture is at a crappy angle, and it makes the tuba look short, and with a huge bell. The second photo is easier to see the size.

This is really the usual 36" tall, ~20" bell sized tuba. $4k might be a little steep, although it does generally seem in good condition, and offers are being considered. Seeing a photo with 3 valves stuck in the down position doesn't get me too excited, though.

I used to own a B&M made Marzan tuba. It was a nice tuba... not exactly up to modern standards, but a decent instrument.
Heliconer
bugler
bugler

Post by Heliconer »

This instrument is STOLEN!!!! Can we please move this to the correct thread?? Also, if anyone here Purchased this, please let either myself or Howard Levine know. Howard purchased the instrument from Tubenet and it went missing on Greyhound in Indianapolis, IN. I am currently trying to help him locate it and am dealing with eBay.

Thanks in Advance.
A bunch of metal fart noise machines