Refurbished King 2341 Bookmark and Share

Sell and Buy equipment via Ebay and Craigslist
Forum rules
This is for posting links to off site deals that you are not personally selling,but wanting to pass along good deals

Re: Refurbished King 2341

Postby groth » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:19 pm

lost wrote:When i was a kid collecting comic books, i used to value each of my books as the highest book value in near mint condition. Naturally they weren't in mint condition, but in my eyes i believed they were worth that or could be worth that. Was I being dishonest? or did i really believe they could be worth that? I have no pity for those who assume the worst of people.

The difference is you weren't selling these on Ebay for profit with a 100% feedback rating to keep clean like WitchitaBand is. If it's a fun hobby like comic books and (you're a kid) it's not that big of a deal. No one is assuming the "worst" here, just calling BS on his description and had hopes he would fix it by removing irrelevant MSRP numbers. I'm sure they got their 100% through many years of hard work and customer service, just doesn't set well for some reason.
St. Petersburg 202N BBb
76' Precision Bass Guitar
groth
bugler
bugler

Postby toobagrowl » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:36 pm

A few points to be made:

- The listing has now ended/expired.

- The seller described the valves as "excellent" and showed pics of the valves, appearing to be in great condition with no pitting or plating wear.

- The seller DID correct himself/herself in the MSRP price description if you read it.

So, yeah :wink:
toobagrowl
5 valves
5 valves

Postby greenbean » Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:43 am

Whatever... :|
-----
Shires & Yamaha bass trombones
B&S 3301 BBb tuba
Mirafone 182 BBb tuba
greenbean
bugler
bugler

Postby tofu » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:04 am

lost wrote:When i was a kid collecting comic books, i used to value each of my books as the highest book value in near mint condition. Naturally they weren't in mint condition, but in my eyes i believed they were worth that or could be worth that. Was I being dishonest? or did i really believe they could be worth that? I have no pity for those who assume the worst of people.

You weren't a long time business THAT KNOWS exactly what it is selling and that it is trying to compare it to not only a new (and significantly different) version of the horn, but also a "Brand NEW" horn with no potential traps like worn valves and even at that the - MRSP is overstated. These guys are in the business of buying & cosmetically overhauling / reselling used horns. If they don't know what they are selling then that would say something about them. They are a business and yes they are held to a higher standard - not just by some of us - but by the law. And some of us do care that less experienced buyers don't get deceived by BOGUS comparisons. It's one thing to say an adult player should do their homework. They most likely have an idea that pretty isn't always better and also just how very expensive a valve job would be on a prettied up used horn. A high school kid would most likely not have that knowledge or wisdom.
tofu
5 valves
5 valves

Postby lost » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:49 pm

They took the ad down due to listing error. They corrected it and took it down when someone pointed out their error. An honest thing to do! :tuba: :idea: :tuba:
Last edited by lost on Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
J.W. York & Sons Artist

http://www.tubaist.com
lost

Postby bort » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:07 am

Not good enough!!! :roll: :P
B&S 4198 (PT-7P)
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Postby groth » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:10 am

Probably because someone bought the horn the second time it "ended".
St. Petersburg 202N BBb
76' Precision Bass Guitar
groth
bugler
bugler

Previous

Return to Off-Site deals and Ads