6/4 Martin

Sell and Buy equipment via Ebay and Craigslist
Forum rules
This is for posting links to off site deals that you are not personally selling,but wanting to pass along good deals
bort
6 valves
6 valves

6/4 Martin

Post by bort »

Neat tuba. Bell has seen some work. No clue about the price. Bet it weighs a ton and is a ton of fun.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 3631249379" target="_blank
SousaWarrior9
3 valves
3 valves

Re: 6/4 Martin

Post by SousaWarrior9 »

This one is very interesting. Rare to see one with 4 valves, and rarer still to see one with a fixed upright bell. I am concerned about the damage, though, and it also looks like the original receiver has been replaced so it wouldn't work well with bits which is not good. A shot of the valves would be good, too. I've been looking for a 4 valve Martin for a while, just wish this one was in a little better shape. I'll be keeping an eye on it though.
"Some men are macho men. Others are Martin men"

It's that word "handcraft"...
Donn
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Donn »

Yeah, that's a stiff price to pay given the visible damage and questionable condition. I can't imagine dropping that kind of money and then waiting to see what survives parcel carrier handling. For someone who could buy it in person, who knows - if it plays great, who cares if a valve knuckle is mashed, receiver is weird, etc.
Mike Ferries
bugler
bugler

Post by Mike Ferries »

The ebay description is also a bit misleading; it is not "one of a kind." Heh, heh.

The listing is accurate in that it does fill up a room. And as an earlier poster stated, it does seem to weigh a ton.