Sanders Imperial BBb Dayton OH CL $800

Sell and Buy equipment via Ebay and Craigslist
Forum rules
This is for posting links to off site deals that you are not personally selling,but wanting to pass along good deals
edsel585960
5 valves
5 valves

Sanders Imperial BBb Dayton OH CL $800

Post by edsel585960 »

I know its a Sanders but it's not a bad horn for the money if you're looking for a 4 valve BBb. :wink:https://dayton.craigslist.org/msg/d/spr ... 80878.html" target="_blank
Conn 20-21 J
Conn 10J, Conn 26 K, Martin Mammoth, Mirafone 186, Soviet Helicon, Holton Raincatcher Sousaphone, Yamaha 103, King 1240.
EdFirth
4 valves
4 valves

Re: Sanders Imperial BBb Dayton OH CL $800

Post by EdFirth »

These usually play really well. Ed
Last edited by EdFirth on Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Singing Whale
Will Jones
bugler
bugler

Post by Will Jones »

Imperials are chinese, no? Hard to tell if it actually says imperial on it though. I’m going to look at it in person tomorrow.
toobagrowl
5 valves
5 valves

Post by toobagrowl »

Yeah, I think this was a Chinese import for Custom Music back in the day. Not a German-made B&S 101/'Sonora', but a Chinese clone.
It's probably a good overall tuba, and the Cerveny-style linkage is decent enough. The horn looks in good condition and comes with a hard case. A good deal for only $800 :!:
Will Jones
bugler
bugler

Post by Will Jones »

Played for a few moments this morning. Definitely an Imperial. No obvious problems with the horn. Good condition overall with no obvious dents or repairs except the bell that has a wrinkle. Valve linkages are noisy, and that's probably what was providing some extra vibrations when I played. Easy to produce a deep and clear tone, and no intonation issues jumped out at me. Maybe it was my mouthpiece choice (Conn Helleberg) but the tone was a little vanilla. I should have brought a couple of different mouthpieces but alas. The case is fairly flimsy at this point.
toobagrowl
5 valves
5 valves

Post by toobagrowl »

^ So, I'm guessing you bought the tuba? Yeah, for me personally, I prefer bowl/cup mpcs on all my tubas.
The Cerveny-style linkage can probably be tightened up -- they should have adjustable screws on the link-arms. The linkage & rotor bearings prolly need oil, too. Every metal-to-metal part you see rubbing against each other needs oil or grease. That should quiet down the clacking and make things move smoother/faster :!:
Will Jones
bugler
bugler

Post by Will Jones »

No- didn’t get it. Good horn, but not compelling enough to take it home.