6/4 Martin BBb

Sell and Buy equipment via Ebay and Craigslist
Forum rules
This is for posting links to off site deals that you are not personally selling,but wanting to pass along good deals
EMC
4 valves
4 valves

6/4 Martin BBb

Post by EMC »

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Martin-Elkhart ... SwtYZcOk-C" target="_blank

I remember someone bringing the martin horns up recently and then I see this. Looks to be in at least decent condition given the age, and even has a picture next to a nirshel york. Price isnt outrageous like im used to seeing either.
SousaWarrior9
3 valves
3 valves

Re: 6/4 Martin BBb

Post by SousaWarrior9 »

This is a great looking horn indeed and will be a great find fore someone. One of the reasons I've personally left it alone are the top action valves. I have a top action 3 valve martin at the moment, and I'm keeping it only because I like how it plays so much, even though I prefer the ergonomics of front action valves to top. If I get another Mammoth, it will have to be a front action horn, that's the only way I can justify it.

No matter which way the valves are configured. I'm sure this horn rocks and I hope it finds a good home.
"Some men are macho men. Others are Martin men"

It's that word "handcraft"...
EMC
4 valves
4 valves

Post by EMC »

SousaWarrior9 wrote:This is a great looking horn indeed and will be a great find fore someone. One of the reasons I've personally left it alone are the top action valves. I have a top action 3 valve martin at the moment, and I'm keeping it only because I like how it plays so much, even though I prefer the ergonomics of front action valves to top. If I get another Mammoth, it will have to be a front action horn, that's the only way I can justify it.

No matter which way the valves are configured. I'm sure this horn rocks and I hope it finds a good home.
Do Martin's come with front action valves? I don't think I've ever seen one with front action.
roweenie
pro musician
pro musician

Post by roweenie »

They sure did - - I know a guy who has a very sweet one (or two....)
"Even a broken clock is right twice a day".
SousaWarrior9
3 valves
3 valves

Post by SousaWarrior9 »

There's one at Dillon's right now that I've been drooling over but I don't have the cash. :cry:
"Some men are macho men. Others are Martin men"

It's that word "handcraft"...
laricciotuba
bugler
bugler

Post by laricciotuba »

Yes, these are both of my 6/4 Bats.

I'd let the Martin go for $2999 plus shipping.

Thanks for the kind words and look.
Eastman School of Music
University of Hartford
Pennsylvania State University