Central WA CL: Willson 4/4 CC Bookmark and Share

Sell and Buy equipment via Ebay and Craigslist
Forum rules
This is for posting links to off site deals that you are not personally selling,but wanting to pass along good deals

Central WA CL: Willson 4/4 CC

Postby hrender » Thu May 16, 2019 1:12 pm

hal.
hrender
6 valves
6 valves

Re: Central WA CL: Willson 4/4 CC

Postby hrender » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:19 am

Still-up, which surprises me.
hal.
hrender
6 valves
6 valves

Postby bort » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:28 am

hrender wrote:Still-up, which surprises me.

No shipping + far from everything else.

Might be the rare Willson 4400? Which is basically the same as the smaller of the Marzan CC tubas. Easily worth $2500, but again... hard to get there in person to buy it.
B&S GR-41
^ For sale! viewtopic.php?f=4&t=94739
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Postby hrender » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:35 am

4.5 hrs from Seattle & Portland. I'd consider that a reasonable drive if I were seriously interested in the horn, and that's a great price.
hal.
hrender
6 valves
6 valves

Postby the elephant » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:44 am

For that price I would buy that based on the photos and my experience with Willson horns. But he is several days away from me by car. And the "you pick up locally" restriction pretty much kills the low price for most of us here.

I suppose that if you could find a truly CHEAP one-way flight and rent a sub-compact car for the drive home and you only ate peanut butter sandwiches in the car and you camped in State parks on your return drive and, and, and

Sounds like a mission for an undergrad who wants a really nice 4/4 CC for the price of a beater "Mirafone" 186-4U CC. Come one, guys. How about a current student in the vaunted Oregon tuba studio?

:tuba:
Mama always said "Beware the Jubjub bird and shun the frumious Bandersnatch!" But mama drank a lot.
the elephant
Papa Legba
Papa Legba

Postby bort » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:59 am

hrender wrote:4.5 hrs from Seattle & Portland. I'd consider that a reasonable drive if I were seriously interested in the horn, and that's a great price.

Sure, but how many hours away from me are Seattle and Portland? :)
B&S GR-41
^ For sale! viewtopic.php?f=4&t=94739
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Postby Donn » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:17 pm

bort wrote:Might be the rare Willson 4400? Which is basically the same as the smaller of the Marzan CC tubas. Easily worth $2500, but again... hard to get there in person to buy it.

Easy enough for me, but ... who wants a small CC? I'm waiting for someone here in the PNW to put up a bargain priced Kalison 2000. No problem waiting.
Donn
TubeNet Sponsor
TubeNet Sponsor

Postby bloke » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:42 pm

I'd love to try it out for five minutes, but I wouldn't be willing to buy it to do that.

Not being fully chromatic (and not being sousaphone-proportioned), likely the fake low notes - then - aren't the greatest, it might be a tough flip.

The plumbing wrap doesn't offer much curb appeal, does it?

Ya' know...I'm the one who protests when people use the word, "stuffy" (me, repeatedly: "It's up to the player to give each instrument what it needs", etc... :roll: ) , but - well - after playing so much F tuba for the applications for which I would use a "small C tuba", small C tubas (sporting a bunch of small-diameter cylindrical tubing) - to me feel - well - stuffy :oops:, and tend to offer me more intonation issues than does my offers-easy-intonation F tuba.

someone trying to talk bloke into going on a blind date wrote:You'll really like her; she's got a great personality, comes from a great family, and - well - she's really sturdy.
bloke
musician/technician/innovator
musician/technician/innovator

Return to Off-Site deals and Ads