snicker...OK, LAUGH !!!

Sell and Buy equipment via Ebay and Craigslist
Forum rules
This is for posting links to off site deals that you are not personally selling,but wanting to pass along good deals
Rick Denney
Resident Genius

Re: eBay

Post by Rick Denney »

carolyn catton wrote:Me neither. As demonstrated, it seems to be, though.... :?
No. With guys, it's a pissing match. And the reason we don't complain is that the match is between two masters of the art, and the rest of us find it entertaining.

Rick "far more disturbed by the disclosing of a private email" Denney
Bandmaster
4 valves
4 valves

Well said Harold

Post by Bandmaster »

Well said Harold... different people have different reasons for wanting different horns. If it will make you happy... go for it!

I was shopping around for a "big bore" horn last December and January and was hoping to find a York or a Holton. Sure enough, a Holton 345 came up for sale on Ebay in January. I checked for comments about that Ebay listing here on the Tubanet and the comments doubted the quality of the horn. The seller was very open about the multiple patches on the bell. I discussed it with several repair technicians and the word was that the bell was repairable. So I bought the horn. As it turns out, I was the only bidder. Well, I got the horn... and so far I love it! Big, fat tone, and surprizingly well in tune. I enjoy this horn more than any other that I have played. I will really miss it for the time it will up with Dan Oberloh being restored later this summer.
Dave Schaafsma
1966 Holton 345 | 1955 York-Master | 1939 York 716 | 1940 York 702 | 1968 Besson 226 | 1962 Miraphone 186 | 1967 Olds | 1923 Keefer EEb | 1895 Conn Eb | 1927 Conn 38K | 1919 Martin Helicon