J Lidl 3/4 BBb FS

Sell and Buy equipment via Ebay and Craigslist
Forum rules
This is for posting links to off site deals that you are not personally selling,but wanting to pass along good deals
Alex F
4 valves
4 valves

J Lidl 3/4 BBb FS

Post by Alex F »

Please note: I have no personal interest in this transaction and no knowledge regarding this seller.

There's a guy selling a J. Lidl 3/4 BBb tuba on Ebay. This is the LBB-701 model identical to the one I own. Lee Stofer has sold these (I bought mine from him) and this horn has received very favorable reviews from knowledgeable folks on this forum.

From the pics, it comes with the Winter hard case (solid but I'm not sure I agree that it's "airline" capable) and the stock Melton 24AW copy mp. My understanding is that they are hard to get in the U.S. right now because Geneva International, the importer, no longer carries the line (although it still shows up on their web-site). Lee has a CC version for sale on his site.

This is the first time I have seen one of these tubas on Ebay. Check it out if you are looking for a quality smaller tuba.

Here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 16213&rd=1
Lew
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Lew »

You seem to have pasted in the wrong link. I think that this is the horn you were referring to:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 16213&rd=1

I have played 2 different samples of this horn and think that I would definitely be in the running if I were looking for a smaller horn. Do you know what these sold for new?
Alex F
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Alex F »

Thanks Lew, I did copy the wrong link.

I paid $2,800 plus S/H. Because I live close to the Geeva facility, Lee gave me the option of having it shipped direct. I opted to have it shipped to him for a lookover and any required tweaking - knowing he is indeed a Tubameister. Turns out that whoever packed it up here left the MP loose and the 24AW dinged the horn up pretty well. Lee had them send a new one.

This horn has a nice and full sound for a 3/4 tuba. Lee said that it had some real "F tuba" characteristics in the upper register (I'm still trying to get high enough to notice).

You don't see to many of them here in the U.S. You are beginning to see dome of their french horns and trumpets, which also appear to get good reviews. I believe that Lidl makes some of the horns sold under the Besson name.