York Sousaphone

Sell and Buy equipment via Ebay and Craigslist
Forum rules
This is for posting links to off site deals that you are not personally selling,but wanting to pass along good deals
lowtones425
bugler
bugler

York Sousaphone

Post by lowtones425 »

Eastman 6/4 CC - Laskey 30HE
Rudy Meinl 4/4 F - Breslmair F3
Conn 2J 3/4 CC - Eastman Paperweight
Olds BBb Sousaphone - Tin Can
TubaDude
bugler
bugler

Re: York Sousaphone

Post by TubaDude »

What's up with the pictures #'s 3, 5, 10 on the Ebay site? This horn seems to be in BBb and Eb.
TubaDude
1909 King Helicon with 4th Valve Added
1913 York 4 Valve Eb/C Helicon (for sale)
kburke
lurker
lurker

Post by kburke »

It's interesting how a second spit key materializes in one of the pictures -- ostensibly all of the same horn. If anyone is interested in one of these, I have a similar one -- 1934-vintage -- arguably in better shape that I'm willing to sell. Same gold wash in the bell and all original (including the case) except for a re-created lower mouthpiece receiver where it comes out of the valve block and loops over the upper set of slides. Kevin Power at Custom Music refabricated it and salvaged and reused the original bracing. This is a horn with lots of interesting features in that it has spring-loaded spit keys on the bottom of each valve and the bits and upper part of the receiver have a threaded locking system to secure them once adjusted. Each of the bell screws had an integral set screw. Lots of interesting little features like these and a the case features blanket that fits between the bell and the body and little straps and fittings to accommodate each of the mouthpiece components. Original, hard-to-find mouthpiece (two, actually) with the largest shank size that I've ever seen. PM if interested and I can supply further details.
Charlie C Chowder
bugler
bugler

Post by Charlie C Chowder »

PM sent to kburk.
TheConnsequence
bugler
bugler

Post by TheConnsequence »

PM sent to kburke a few weeks ago, still waiting on reply.
"Tuba is love, tuba is life."