Martin-iques...(Martin fans)

Sell and Buy equipment via Ebay and Craigslist
Forum rules
This is for posting links to off site deals that you are not personally selling,but wanting to pass along good deals
SousaWarrior9
3 valves
3 valves

Re: Martin-iques...(Martin fans)

Post by SousaWarrior9 »

Having played on this mouthpiece for a few days now, I thought I'd offer my thoughts.
This may be the heaviest mouthpiece I have ever come across in person (including some of those "shot glass" shaped "heavyweight" ones) which looks to be mostly due to the very thick rim. I'm used to playing mouthpieces with a fairly thin rim, so having all this extra metal on my face requires a bit of an adjustment that I haven't quite gotten used to yet.
Not really sure why it is built like this, or what possible advantages it could serve, but one things for sure, I'd hate to see the damage one of these babies could do to a horn if it were to be knocked loose and sent falling.
all things considered, I still like the feeling of my Stofer Gieb the best, so I'm not sure if this piece will ever make it into the daily player category, but I do gotta say it looks quite fitting when its plugged into the Mammoth.
"Some men are macho men. Others are Martin men"

It's that word "handcraft"...