BBC: Eb & F vintage helicons

Sell and Buy equipment via Ebay and Craigslist
Forum rules
This is for posting links to off site deals that you are not personally selling,but wanting to pass along good deals
bisontuba
6 valves
6 valves

BBC: Eb & F vintage helicons

Post by bisontuba »

Lots of vintage Eb & F vintage helicons listed at Baltimore Brass...FYI...
humBell
4 valves
4 valves

Re: BBC: Eb & F vintage helicons

Post by humBell »

Keefer!!!

W/ fancy finger buttons.

And Distin!
Thanks for playing!
baridrummer
bugler
bugler

Post by baridrummer »

I bought that Keefer a couple weeks ago. 😏

It's a really fun horn!

Wendy
Last edited by baridrummer on Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tubadoctor
bugler
bugler

Post by tubadoctor »

I still can't seem to find the helicons listed on their site... can anyone help?
humBell
4 valves
4 valves

Post by humBell »

Will double check, but last i looked at their site, it didn't seem like they had taken the time to include their available Eb helicons on the site.

One could contact them and ask, i suppose.
Thanks for playing!
Mikelynch
bugler
bugler

Post by Mikelynch »

There are still several still needing a new home, including a Keefer Eb with red Cloisonné valve buttons (the only red ones I have ever seen). All priced to move them out! :-)
humBell
4 valves
4 valves

Post by humBell »

Mikelynch wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:37 pm There are still several still needing a new home, including a Keefer Eb with red Cloisonné valve buttons (the only red ones I have ever seen). All priced to move them out! :-)
Then i owe a trip that way... I think i am on hook to already pass through Baltimore near the end of the summer. Let's see if i can make something happen earlier.

As a stream of consciousness, the phrase to go makes me think of a drive through window, which, as applied to helicons, evokes the image from the Flinstones intro.

Not that anyone else might find that entertaining, but i did.
Thanks for playing!
humBell
4 valves
4 valves

Post by humBell »

baridrummer wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:31 pm I bought that Keefer a couple weeks ago. 😏

I ultimately want a 4 valve, though…

Wendy
I seem to be more and more comfortable with false tones on Eb, so mostly happy without. Definitely depends on instrument and mouthpiece of course...

Did Distin/Keefer make many 4 valve instruments?

I can't say i have run across them much if they have (no that they are particularly common to begin with)

Boosey & Co did, although they seem to have followed (er... lead!*) the British trend, with the Blaikley compensating 4th...

*seems Blaikley worked for Distin & Co (British one) as well as Boosey & Co. so lead does seem more apt. If anyone else likes a rabbit hole, this article came up as i was making sure i spelled Blaikley's name right.https://www.historicbrass.org/edocman/h ... _Myers.pdf
Thanks for playing!
bisontuba
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bisontuba »

Keefer is sold, but many other good deals...Dupont, Anon, & Distin Eb & AMATI piston F..all are 3v...call them...you might buy them all at the prices!!
baridrummer
bugler
bugler

Post by baridrummer »

Mikelynch wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:37 pm There are still several still needing a new home, including a Keefer Eb with red Cloisonné valve buttons (the only red ones I have ever seen). All priced to move them out! :-)
No, that's the helicon I bought from them! :)

If the Amati F helicon is still there, that's the one horn that they said solidly worked.
Beware though, they may not have tuning bits or lead pipes (which is why they tried to dissuade me from trying out their helicons at all).

-Wendy