Rotary Conn CC

Sell and Buy equipment via Ebay and Craigslist
Forum rules
This is for posting links to off site deals that you are not personally selling,but wanting to pass along good deals
humBell
4 valves
4 valves

Rotary Conn CC

Post by humBell »

Thanks for playing!
Matt G
5 valves
5 valves

Re: Rotary Conn CC

Post by Matt G »

Wow, that is a cool tuba.
Dillon/Walters CC
Meinl Weston 2165
SousaWarrior9
3 valves
3 valves

Post by SousaWarrior9 »

A friend of mine is very local to this horn, and said it been listed on and off for quite a while. Surprised it hasn't sold. I'm just a couple hours from Chicago and would love to give this thing a try when it is safer to do so. Very curious to see how it plays. Assuming there's no major issues, some work on the valve linkages could potentially make this horn a real winner.
"Some men are macho men. Others are Martin men"

It's that word "handcraft"...
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

Very cool! I spent about 15 years looking for one of these, before giving up. Tempting, but my wife has made it abundantly clear that this is not going to happen. Oh well.

My understanding of these is that they are alright. Great sound, but playability and intonation vary tremendously. And even at its best, it's a 100 year old tuba, and yeah, there have been some advancements since then. So, a nice piece to look at, fun to play, but likely to not be the most fun tuba for regular use.

Or, I'm totally wrong!

One thing is for sure, a re-lacquer job and barely visible engraving makes me wonder just how much buffing was done...