Look out, Joe!

Sell and Buy equipment via Ebay and Craigslist
Forum rules
This is for posting links to off site deals that you are not personally selling,but wanting to pass along good deals
windshieldbug
Once got the "hand" as a cue

Look out, Joe!

Post by windshieldbug »

I'm sure that your and your wife's days are numbered, since anyone can now get these secrets! :lol:

COMPLETE INSTRUMENT REPAIR MANUAL, VIOLIN,TRUMPET Benge
START A NEW CAREER NOW, $25 HR. 140 VALUABLE PAGES WOW!

"All is revealed in this .pdf document" :shock: including
Brass Instrument Repair
Soft Soldering
Hard Soldering
Dent Removal
Taps, Dies Drills
Tool Grinding
Lathe Work
Instrument Mounting

(does your wife know that you're spending all that time in your shop "mounting" instruments?) :lol:
Chuck(G)
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Chuck(G) »

There are 140 pages of incredibly valuable information.
Brass Instrument Repair
Clarinet Repair
Saxophone Repair
Polishing, Lacquering, Plating
Flute Repair
Piccolo Repair
Oboe Repair
Bassoon Repair
Drum Repair
Violin Repair
GLOSSARY OF TERMS
TABLES
Must be some very tiny print on those 140 pages!
windshieldbug

Post by windshieldbug »

bloke could condense it to one page:
Been There
Done That
Got the T-Shirt
Dan Schultz
TubaTinker
TubaTinker

Post by Dan Schultz »

There's a real limit to what even a skilled repair person can do with tools commonly found in a home workshop. The book is nice but needs to be followed up with many trials and tribulations and lots of money for special tools. NOW... if someone puts 20 years of experience and a complete blow-up workshop on Ebay for $25... I'm going to bid :shock:
Dan Schultz
"The Village Tinker"
http://www.thevillagetinker.com" target="_blank
Current 'stable'... Rudolf Meinl 5/4, Marzan (by Willson) euph, King 2341, Alphorn, and other strange stuff.
DCottrell
bugler
bugler

A rant

Post by DCottrell »

As if repair techs haven't had enough trouble trying to convince others (and sometimes themselves) that what they have is a valuable and marketable skill, they also have to fight against the negative impact on their profession of dilettantism and laziness. This applies as much to those claiming to be repair techs as to those wishing to be. I have always been impressed by the way the Piano Technician’s Guild has created a de facto licensing process that is recognized by the general public as having significance. It has never been popular at NAPBIRT meetings to discuss this, mostly because, I assume, many of the members would feel threatened by a qualification of their skill. However, lack of talent has never stopped some from claiming to be “masters,â€
DCottrell
bugler
bugler

Post by DCottrell »

bloke wrote:If I belonged to an organization that had "minimum qualifications", everyone would assume that my qualifications were minimum.
However, if you belonged to an organization whose requirements for membership included demonstrated and tested ability, proven to an accepted standard, you would be able to better inform potential clients of your skills and the advantages of your business over the other guy down the street whose skills (or, as happens often, lack of skill) are only demonstrated after the bill is paid.

I'm not saying all tuners not in the Guild are bad. I am trying to say that the piano tuning profession in general is better off for having the Guild, as non-members are forced to have comparable skill in order to be successful in the marketplace. At least, I am under the impression that most piano owners know about the Guild and know that they are a safe bet with one of its members. If there were a Band Repair Guild, potential clients would know what they were getting, and non-members would have to rely on their skill and reputation to be successful. It would make all techs look better.

Unless I am missing some blatantly obvious point, such as we don't live in a perfect world.
windshieldbug

Post by windshieldbug »

I found the choice of title interesting:
"COMPLETE INSTRUMENT REPAIR MANUAL, VIOLIN,TRUMPET Benge"

Does that imply that the most prople will do searches on
'repair manual, violin' or
'repair manual, trumpet' or
'repair manual, benge'?

If so, what does that say about Benge trumpets?
windshieldbug

Post by windshieldbug »

Now, I guess other horns are having a bad run of luck, too!

COMPLETE INSTRUMENT REPAIR MANUAL, VIOLIN,TRUMPET Conn

COMPLETE INSTRUMENT REPAIR MANUAL, SAX TROMBONE Selmer

COMPLETE INSTRUMENT REPAIR MANUAL, VIOLIN,TRUMPET Bach

(well, trombones and saxes I can understand... )