The Famous “Washburn” tuba has been found!

Sell and Buy equipment via Ebay and Craigslist
Forum rules
This is for posting links to off site deals that you are not personally selling,but wanting to pass along good deals
Michael Grant
bugler
bugler

The Famous “Washburn” tuba has been found!

Post by Michael Grant »

The Craigslist poster of this ad is only telling part of the story. Mick Jagger had tubas made by every major guitar manufacturer for this tour. He wanted a tuba tribute on “Symphony for the Devil” and he went all out. In addition to this very rare Washburn tuba, there was also the Ibanez BBb Sousaphone, the Fender double neck Eb / F tuba, the Gibson Flying T and the Martin all acoustic CC Jumbo recording bell monster tuba. These horns required an additional cargo plane. An amazing tour that will go down in tuba history as one of the finest. It’s hard to believe this person would even part with such an important part of Rock-and-Roll history. If we’re all lucky, the Rock and Roll Museum will buy it so it will be on permanent display for all of us to drool over.

https://akroncanton.craigslist.org/msg/ ... 69188.html
Michael Grant
Wessex HB24 BBb Helicon
King 2341
Easy Mac
bugler
bugler

Re: The Famous “Washburn” tuba has been found!

Post by Easy Mac »

Thanks for the link.

I am the owner of all the other tubas used by him on this tour. Now I can finally complete my Jaggertuba collection.

I am still in need of Keith Richards' Fender Tubacaster. If anyone sees it for sale, please PM me.
TheodoreSmith
bugler
bugler

Re: The Famous “Washburn” tuba has been found!

Post by TheodoreSmith »

Please post pictures!
B&S PT-7PS
Yamaha Yeb-321