Kühnl&Hoyer, huge instrument theft in Munich

Put notices of stolen instruments here
Forum rules
This forum is for stolen instruments and board announcements. If you post about a stolen horn, please list as much information that your can, including serial numbers and photos.
TheBerlinerTuba
3 valves
3 valves

Kühnl&Hoyer, huge instrument theft in Munich

Post by TheBerlinerTuba »

The Firm Kühnl &Hoyer had 17 various brass instruments stolen from them at the Messe in Munich on the night of the 22.11.2016, including trumpets, trombones and baritones. For a family business this is devastating and heartbreaking. The only chance they have is for all of us to share this information as far as possible. Please help them by spreading the word.

Liebe Musikerfreunde,
Liebe Kunden,

leider mussten wir unseren Messeauftritt auf der Heim + Handwerk heute (23.11.) vorzeitig beenden. Unser Messestand (Halle A1. 364) wurde in der Nacht vom 22.11. auf den 23.11.16 ausgeraubt. Es wurden 17 Stück Blasinstrumente, Trompeten, Baritonhörner und Posaunen entwendet. Alle Instrumente sind mit Seriennummern versehen.

– B/F/Ges/D-Bassposaune „.563“, Klarlack, Ser.-Nr. 16598

– B-Tenorposaune Bart van Lier “.480/88 MK II”
mit variablen Gewichtssystem, Bronzezug, Matt-Goldlack, Ser.-Nr. 15905

– B-Trompete „Sella G“, Klarlack, Ser.-Nr. 148354

– B-Trompete „Universal“ Malte Burba mit Silbermundrohr, Goldlack, Ser.-Nr. 148165

– B-Flügelhorn „UNIVERSAL FL“ Malte Burba, Goldlack-Halbmatt-Lackierung, Ser.-Nr. 147411

– B-Pocket Trompete „POCKET“ Malte Burba, Goldlack-Halbmatt-Lackierung, Ser.-Nr. 147603

– B-Trompete “PREMIUM” Malte Burba, Godlack, Ser.-Nr. 148318

– B-Trompete “Spirit S1”, versilbert, Ser.-Nr. 147842

– B-Trompete “Revision”, Goldlack, Ser.-Nr. 147399

– B-Trompete “Topline”, Goldlack, Ser-Nr. 147803

– B-Basstrompete, 3 Zylinderventile, Goldlack, Ser-Nr. Z717

– B-Zylinderflügelhorn Modell 7.11, Ser.-Nr. Z947

– B-Zylindertrompete Modell 6010, Ser.-Nr. Z925

– B-Zylindertrompete „Orchestra“, Klarlack, Ser.Nr. Z869

– B-Bariton Modell 79/4 G, Sonderausstattung mit Neusilber-Bügel, Klarlack, Ser.-Nr. Z871

– B-Bariton Modell Royal-Line „B14/15“, Goldlack, Ser.-Nr. Z956

– B-Bariton Modell 78/3, Klarlack, Ser.-Nr. Z840

Wird eines dieser Instrumente angeboten, bitte verständigen Sie uns oder die Polizeiinspektion 25 in München (Tel. 089/45187-0).

Vielen Dank.
Doug Elliott
pro musician
pro musician

Re: Kühnl&Hoyer, huge instrument theft in Munich

Post by Doug Elliott »

Any update on this? That must have involved more than one person to steal so many instruments. A theft of that magnitude has to be devastating to that small company and I hope the perpetrators are caught soon.

I have 3 K&H trombones and they are fantastic.
TheBerlinerTuba
3 valves
3 valves

No news as of yet. I will update when I hear something.
TheBerlinerTuba
3 valves
3 valves

Finally an update:

The german police determined from the cameras that it was the work of a coordinated gang(like we couldn't figure that out ourselves...). How they managed to access the building is still not clear.
The instruments were then transported to Hungary and sold locally. A local hungarian trombonist alerted K&H but even with the EU system(cooporation between EU countries), the german police cannot go to Hungary and the local hungarian police will not act. If any Hungarian musicians are reading this, any help would be appreciated.
In the end, K&G has lost a year of work, time and salary and as I mentioned earlier, for a small business, this can be devastating. Having said that, K&H is an excellent instrument maker(their Kaiser baritone is the best on the market) and I'm sure they will bounce back.

All of this aside, I hope everyone's 2017 is going well.

Best regards from Berlin,
TheBerlinerTuba
bisontuba
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bisontuba »

Interesting....
bort
6 valves
6 valves