Image hosting problems Bookmark and Share

Put notices of stolen instruments here
Forum rules
This forum is for stolen instruments and board announcements. If you post about a stolen horn, please list as much information that your can, including serial numbers and photos.

Image hosting problems

Postby Mark Finley » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:04 am

As you may notice, photobucket has totally lost their minds

https://www.ghacks.net/2017/06/30/photo ... ed-images/

For any of you (including me) that have used them for hosting images in the past, that means every image you've ever posted has been replaced by an ugly grey box begging me to upgrade their account. Sorry PB, not going to happen.

When you experience an old thread that has these ugly grey boxes and you are interested in seeing the actual picture, right click (or long press on a mobile device) and open the image in a new tab. That will let you see the image. I have no intention of trying to restore hundreds of old threads. I have better thing to do

As for now, I'm going to try Imgur for image hosting, if you know of something better, let me know
Mark Finley
Low Brass Teacher
Low Brass Teacher

Re: Image hosting problems

Postby the elephant » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:25 am

I have been slowly pulling all my images from PhotoBucket. Oh, how the mighty have fallen. It has sucked for years now, but this is the final straw; I believe we all should consider this camel to have fractured vertebrae...
the elephant
Papa Legba
Papa Legba

Re: Image hosting problems

Postby THE TUBA » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:14 am

I greatly prefer Imgur over Photobucket. It is really easy to use and there's no need to create an account.
[/post]
THE TUBA
4 valves
4 valves

Return to Announcements, FAQ, and stolen instruments