Don Miles Trumpet stolen in Las Vegas

Put notices of stolen instruments here
Forum rules
This forum is for stolen instruments and board announcements. If you post about a stolen horn, please list as much information that your can, including serial numbers and photos.
jeopardymaster
4 valves
4 valves

Don Miles Trumpet stolen in Las Vegas

Post by jeopardymaster »

I know this is not quite on topic, but just now, while my friend Gary Winters is visiting Las Vegas, his car was broken into and among other things his Don Miles trumpet was stolen. It may turn up in Vegas or possibly somewhere else in the US Southwest. Gary is why I play tuba. I thought I was hot stuff on trumpet going into 7th grade, but from the first time I heard him I knew I'd never be able to come within a parsec of what he could do, and after 2 years coming in second (deservedly) I switched. 45 plus years later Gary is a pro musician working mostly in Europe, but came back this month to vacation out west. If you see or hear about a Don Miles trumpet -Serial Number 16 or 17 - please call the authorities and drop me a PM.
Gnagey CC, VMI Neptune 4098 CC, Mirafone 184-5U CC and 56 Bb, Besson 983 EEb and euphonium, King marching baritone, Alexander 163 BBb, Conn 71H/112H bass trombone, Olds Recording tenor trombone.