Stolen Eastman *RECOVERED* - Duluth,, MN

Put notices of stolen instruments here
Forum rules
This forum is for stolen instruments and board announcements. If you post about a stolen horn, please list as much information that your can, including serial numbers and photos.
Big Francis
bugler
bugler

Stolen Eastman *RECOVERED* - Duluth,, MN

Post by Big Francis »

Don't know the kid or what model Eastman it is (you can see the engraving if you zoom in). Saw it on the TV's website
This UMD is the University of Minnesota Duluth

https://www.wdio.com/news/stolen-tuba-u ... ?cat=10335" target="_blank" target="_blank

-Frank
Last edited by Big Francis on Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Re: Stolen Eastman - Duluth,, MN

Post by bort »

Duluth is not a particularly large place, nor is there much else around that part of the state. It's beautiful, just not highly populated. And a lousy place for a thief to try and convert a stolen tuba into cash. My guess is that if a thief wanted to pawn this, they'd drive the 2 hours to the Twin Cities and unload it down here. I hope the kid gets his tuba back, or at the least, that it was covered by insurance. :tuba:
bloke wrote:
journalist wrote:...someone had broken into his car.
yup.

Please don't leave stuff in your cars, friends.
20+ years ago, a Baltimore-area professional, Ed Goldstein, had his (original) Holton 6/4 CC stolen from his van, directly after leaving a ragtime ensemble performance at my High School. He got it back within a few days, the police recovered it from a pawn shop. Out of gratitude, he stopped by the police station to play a few tunes for them.

Anyway, this stuff doesn't just happen to kids... :|
opus37
5 valves
5 valves

Re: Stolen Eastman - Duluth,, MN

Post by opus37 »

You'll be happy to hear that he got his horn back. It does have some damage, but he got it back. I don't think they found who took it.
Brian
1892 Courtiere (J.W. Pepper Import) Helicon Eb
1980's Yamaha 321 euphonium
2007 Miraphone 383 Starlight
2010 Kanstul 66T
2016 Bubbie Mark 5