New member of tubenet

Put notices of stolen instruments here
Forum rules
This forum is for stolen instruments and board announcements. If you post about a stolen horn, please list as much information that your can, including serial numbers and photos.
LAERCIO
lurker
lurker

New member of tubenet

Post by LAERCIO »

WhatsApp Image 2020-06-15 at 09.13.35(1).jpeg
Good morning, thanks for accepting to be part of the group, I am Brazilian I play tuba in the music band of the Brazilian Army.

I participate in this group because I bought a German tuba and I don't know which brand it would be, I believe you will have more knowledge about this tuba because it is from German origin.

Some Luthier believes that this tuba is a MELTON MEINL WESTON, my question is; by the photo do you think it is what model / brand of this tuba?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LAERCIO
lurker
lurker

Re: New member of tubenet

Post by LAERCIO »

thank you very much for the answers, now i have a question about which instrument has more value and which is better, Bohland & Fuchs or Melton Meinl Weston?

I have this doubt because I don't know much about B&F
LAERCIO
lurker
lurker

Post by LAERCIO »

Good Night, about the brightness and the different color of the tuba, it was because he reformed her painting, dyed it in shiny gold.

And about the keys / rotors, it's in perfect condition, and honestly the tuba has an excellent sound, very good to play, many praise this instrument when playing, I believe you would love to play this tuba, I'll leave the invitation when I come Brazil passes in São Paulo and comes to make a sound, invited to participate in rehearsals and meet our orchestra of the Brazilian army, it will be an honor !! and as for its value I paid R $ 10,000.00 and I do not regret it, I can estimate the price of it here around R $ 18,000.00 to 20,000.00 and everyone thinks it is worth for the size and sound of the instrument.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE CONVERSATION!!
anotherjtm2
3 valves
3 valves

Post by anotherjtm2 »

That main tuning slide is fun.
John Morris
- 1960s CC Scherzer/Sander
Steve Marcus
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Steve Marcus »

How tall is the tuba, and what is the diameter of the bell?
Steve Marcus
http://www.facebook.com/steve.marcus.88
Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia