Robert Pallansch

Put notices of stolen instruments here
Forum rules
This forum is for stolen instruments and board announcements. If you post about a stolen horn, please list as much information that your can, including serial numbers and photos.
PaulSchmidt
lurker
lurker

Robert Pallansch

Post by PaulSchmidt »

Since I have not seen another (detailed) announcements on TubeNet, I am posting this.

My friend Robert (Bob) Pallansch passed away from complications of a stroke on January 11, 2021.

I knew Bob since 1989 when we both participated in the First International Serpent Festival in South Carolina in 1989. We both travelled to England in 1990 to attend the week-long Serpent Celebration workshop, commemorating the 400th anniversary of the invention of the Serpent, and remained friends ever since. Over the years, I would visit Bob and his wife Marielouise in their Falls Church VA home and play Serpent and Ophicleide in his basement workshop, where he would otherwise use to do all the vintage brass instrument restorations that he had become famous for.

Bob had a stroke or two, and a couple years ago he and Marielouise moved to an assisted living home.

Marielouise followed Bob in her own death, passing away only a few days later on January 16, 2021.

The following brief obituary is excerpted from a longer one on the Money & King Funeral Home (Vienna, VA) website:

Bob went to Peabody Conservatory in MD. He then joined the US Army Field Band’s tuba section in 1950, transferring to the US Army Band in 1956 at Fort Myer, VA in order to stay near family and retiring in 1976. Bob was a tuba teacher and a well respected brass instrument repairman and restorer, and continued playing in community orchestras, brass quintets, Civil War instrument ensembles, a Dixieland band, substituting for the National Symphony and Wolf Trap and never missing Tuba Christmas.

submitted by Paul Schmidt
FarahShazam
4 valves
4 valves

Re: Robert Pallansch

Post by FarahShazam »

:( I hadn't heard.
--farah chisham