LOST/MISSING /STOLEN BBb 5v BAT 6/4 Tuba!

Put notices of stolen instruments here
Forum rules
This forum is for stolen instruments and board announcements. If you post about a stolen horn, please list as much information that your can, including serial numbers and photos.
bisontuba
6 valves
6 valves

LOST/MISSING /STOLEN BBb 5v BAT 6/4 Tuba!

Post by bisontuba »

Hi-
I sent a demo Big Mouth Brass/BMB 6/4 BAT 4 Piston, 1 Rotor Lacquered BBb tuba in an ABS plastic wheeled hard case, model J765LQ, serial # 0614019 ( on outside of 1st piston casing) via Greyhound from Buffalo to Lubbock back on March 3, 2021. The horn was sent in its hard case and the gig bag and mouthpiece were sent in a cardboard box. On March 8, the cardboard box arrived with bag and mouthpiece, but no tuba. Thanks to Joe S/ Bloke, I was able to reach out to the Greyhound CEO who assigned me a tracer to find the instrument.
Long story short, the instrument had not been found. I made the buyer 'whole' but took a very very bad hit on this.
Having used Greyhound/ The Dog for nearly 50 years, it pains me to say this but DO NOT SHIP musical instruments via bus!
Greyhound has let many folks go and has reduced its routes/service, and the remaining employees--as told to me by a Greyhound employee--are very upset with management. Sadly, with all the small depot stops a route has, cameras/videos are not at every small site, so the instrument might have 'walked'/ 'been taken,' etc.
Believe me, a 6/4 BBb in a hard case..weight 78 lbs... is QUITE visible!
Additionally, Amtrak has curtailed pack age shipping with the COVID situation, so sending horns is a major problem.
Bottom line...DRIVE to pick up/meet half way, etc.
Should this horn be spotted, contact me.
Thank you.
Regards-
Mark Jones
Buffalo
jonestuba@gmail.com