New vs Old

Feedback or suggestions. Be kind. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Forum rules
Feedback or suggestions. Be kind. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
ai698
pro musician
pro musician

New vs Old

Post by ai698 »

Sean, how does the number of postings compare with the first month of the new site to the last month of the old site :?: :?
Steve W

Rudolf Meinl RM45 CC, Meinl-Weston 46 F, Mack-TU410L
WoodSheddin
5 valves
5 valves

Re: New vs Old

Post by WoodSheddin »

ai698 wrote:Sean, how does the number of postings compare with the first month of the new site to the last month of the old site :?: :?
Feb 2004 - 4314 posts
Jan 2004 - 3639 posts

New BBS is averaging 109.18 posts/day. Some quick math on a 30 day month and that comes out to 3275 posts/month average right now.

Hard to make direct comparisons though. The old BBS and new BBS are different animals. No anonymous posting here so that cuts down, but there is now an off topic forum which generates traffic where before I discouraged it due to only having one topic area.

The only real loss in my opinion was the inside scoops and more out in the open posts from insiders regarding things like jobs, auditions, and the like. These could be done anonymously before.

But now a membership list is available with hidden email addresses and the ability to get in contact with another registered member. That is a huge plus. I just need to add a comnponent to make searching the membership list simple.
sean chisham