Old BBS?

Feedback or suggestions. Be kind. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Forum rules
Feedback or suggestions. Be kind. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Mikelynch
bugler
bugler

Old BBS?

Post by Mikelynch »

You've provided a great resource for the tuba community. The open list format is one of the real strengths of TubeNet. Any chance the community could subsidize costs of maintaining the old BBS and keep it going rather than the move to this format? I think there could be a sufficient number of us willing to help maintain the known and loved TubeNet, that such might be a viable option.

MikeL
WoodSheddin
5 valves
5 valves

Re: Old BBS?

Post by WoodSheddin »

Mikelynch wrote:You've provided a great resource for the tuba community. The open list format is one of the real strengths of TubeNet. Any chance the community could subsidize costs of maintaining the old BBS and keep it going rather than the move to this format? I think there could be a sufficient number of us willing to help maintain the known and loved TubeNet, that such might be a viable option.

MikeL
I would REALLY like to move the BBS to some newer software. Topics which float up to the top is very appealing to me. The administration and other tools available from newer software make my job MUCH easier in the long run.

I am still experimenting here and may end up just keeping things the way they are at present. The current TubeNet software is about 10 years old and showing its age. SPAM is a HUGE problem for me on it and I am hoping new software will help.
sean chisham
Steve Marcus
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Steve Marcus »

This format is used for other forums that I frequent. It is quite versatile.

One feature that has been sorely missing from the old BBS that will now be enabled: PREVIEW! Now we can proofread before we submit!

Thanks for pursuing this, Sean.
Steve Marcus
http://www.facebook.com/steve.marcus.88
Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia
JB
pro musician
pro musician

Old "Open List" viewing

Post by JB »

I, too, am a large fan of the "open list" viewing ability of the old site. Much quicker for "at a glance" perusing; something that I found to be one of the site's best qualities. Guess that means my vote is for the older format, yet -- if possible -- with the anti-spamming features of the new. Can that be done -- similar format of old site on this new one?

In any case, many thanks to Sean for his efforts to make all of this possible.
Leland
pro musician
pro musician

Re: Old "Open List" viewing

Post by Leland »

JB wrote:I, too, am a large fan of the "open list" viewing ability of the old site. Much quicker for "at a glance" perusing; something that I found to be one of the site's best qualities.
Best thing to click in this site:

View posts since last visit

It's in the upper right corner of the front page, after you click on the TubeNet logo.

Everything that happened in every thread in every forum section since you last checked is put onto one page.

No longer do you have to dig through fifteen feet of BBS to see if someone responded to your post.
Leland
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Leland »

Looks like it's in effect to me. ;) After all, we're posting on it, right?