New Format

Feedback or suggestions. Be kind. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Forum rules
Feedback or suggestions. Be kind. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Dan Satterwhite
bugler
bugler

New Format

Post by Dan Satterwhite »

Sean:

I, for one, like the new format. I look regularly at the OTJ forum, Ben van Dyk's bass trombone forum, and Sam Burtis' trombone forum, and I find them very easy to navigate, and stay current on. If someone else hasn't gotten to it already, I would suggest some more sub topics like the trombone forums have...like Instruments, Players, Pedagogy, The Practice Room, etc. That would make it even easier to wade through all the information.

Good luck with the new forum,

Dan
WoodSheddin
5 valves
5 valves

Re: New Format

Post by WoodSheddin »

Dan Satterwhite wrote: I would suggest some more sub topics like the trombone forums have...like Instruments, Players, Pedagogy, The Practice Room, etc. That would make it even easier to wade through all the information.
I will keep that in mind. I did not want to segment the topics too much. It was getting difficult to find good music content among all the for-sale ads on the previous site. I also got tired of being the bad guy when I felt obligated to delete off topic posts. On many occasions people asked me to delete their postings, now they can do it for themselves. People can also edit their posts in case they didn't proofread well enough the first time. Lastly, I HOPE this site get less spam traffic.
sean chisham
Adam C.
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Adam C. »

I like Dan's idea of the subcategories. As I listen to my Royal Scottish National Brucker 7 w/Marin Alsop tonight, it makes me think a "Listening Room" subforum would be a welcome addition.
Dan Satterwhite
bugler
bugler

Post by Dan Satterwhite »

In case you want to check out similar sites, here are some addresses:

OTJ Forum: www.trombone.org

click on "forum"

Ben van Dijk's bass trombone forum: www.basstrombone.nl

again, click on "forum"

Sam Burtis' "The Open Horn" (began because he didn't like censorship on the OTJ site) http://forum.samburtis.com