What I miss from the old bbs

Feedback or suggestions. Be kind. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Forum rules
Feedback or suggestions. Be kind. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Alex C
pro musician
pro musician

What I miss from the old bbs

Post by Alex C »

I miss not being able to see the sub-threads. I realize now that I used to look for responses from specific posters. Some of these posters have excellent information that I value.

This [b]new [/b][size=18][color=darkred]stuff [/color][/size]we have [u]access [/u]to has it's [quote]place[/quote], but it is hard (time-consuming, boring) looking through the topics to find the folks I have grown to respect.
tubapress
pro musician
pro musician

One Solution...

Post by tubapress »

You can use the Search function to search for posts by a specific person. Also, if you go into the Memberlist, you can search for all posts by that member.

Hope this helps!
Gary Press
gary_press@yahoo.com" target="_blank
Rick F
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Rick F »

Gary is right. Once you find that person's handle or a post by that person, you can click on 'profile'. This will take you to another page with info on that person (what ever that person chose to share with us). On that page is a button for "find all posts by..." that person. I use that function quite a bit on other forums using phpBB software.
Miraphone 5050 - Warburton mpc (Brandon Jones)
YEP-641S (on long-term loan to grandson)
DE mpc (102 rim; I-cup; I-9 shank)
Rick F
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Rick F »

Hi Cesar,

Well since I play euphonium, I don't play in any orchestras (unless they're doing "The Planets"). Those darn cellos do too fine a job. :lol:

I play in two community bands... "Symphonic Band of the Palm Beaches", and "Royal Palm Beach Community Band". After not playing for 33 years, I've been back to playing euphonium for four years now. I retired from the FAA and got bored and realized I really missed playing a horn. Before that I played in HS and for a time in the USAF while going to electronics school. This was the "3380th Technical Drum & Bugle Corps" at Keesler AFB. Back then they at least recognized the bugles (aka drum corps).

Lake Worth is near West Palm Beach or about 65 miles north of Miami.
Miraphone 5050 - Warburton mpc (Brandon Jones)
YEP-641S (on long-term loan to grandson)
DE mpc (102 rim; I-cup; I-9 shank)
Alex C
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Alex C »

Yeah, all those are possibilities, but now, looking for your favorites posters is another step, another process. I do that more than I want now.

I'm not speaking for anyone else. I miss being able to peruse the list and find the folks I wanted. I'm still here, just feeling blue.