Links

Feedback or suggestions. Be kind. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Forum rules
Feedback or suggestions. Be kind. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Doug@GT
4 valves
4 valves

Links

Post by Doug@GT »

Sean, the best thing about this new format is that any links open in a new window. Maybe I'm just weird but I find that to be extremely convenient. Keep up the great work on the site!

D
"It is terrible to contemplate how few politicians are hanged."
~G.K. Chesterton
tubacdk
pro musician
pro musician

browsers...

Post by tubacdk »

Sean, the best thing about this new format is that any links open in a new window. Maybe I'm just weird but I find that to be extremely convenient. Keep up the great work on the site!
oh man... new windows? I hate hate hate new windows. they are better than opening the link in place of the one you're reading though. the solution... TABS!! If you haven't used a browser with tabs, you need to do yourself a favor and download Mozilla. http://www.mozilla.org

How many tubenetters use browsers with tabs? ie Mozilla or Safari? Safari is by far the quickest, but it's Mac only. Mozilla is the best around as far as cross-platform browsers go.

So how 'bout it, who uses tabs?
Doug@GT
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Doug@GT »

Ok, I'll bite.

What are tabs?
~G.K. Chesterton
tubacdk
pro musician
pro musician

Post by tubacdk »

Doug@GT wrote:What are tabs?
it's like having another browser window but instead of opening another window it creates a tab (like a filing drawer kind of tab) within the same browser window. you can open an indefinite number of webpages and not have to shuffle windows around on your display. you just look at one at a time and when you're done you can close it or click on another tab. here's a screenshot of someone using mozilla with three tabs open: http://www.sbutcher.pwp.blueyonder.co.u ... zilla1.gif

if you're using Internet Explorer, you're living way in the past, imho.
Rick F
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Rick F »

Opening posted links in a new window is a plus. If it's not done that way, this forum's software my lose track of what you've read and didn't read.

If you log in to read the TUBENET forum, you probably already noticed that the little icon for a folder at the left of the post title are filled in with color Image if you haven't read it, or clear Image if you have read it. This lets you know what you've not read. If a posted link opens in the same window, the phpBB software may lose track of what you've read and not read. It's just like closing the browser or going to another site.
Miraphone 5050 - Warburton mpc (Brandon Jones)
YEP-641S (on long-term loan to grandson)
DE mpc (102 rim; I-cup; I-9 shank)
Doug@GT
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Doug@GT »

Ah. So tabs are like the little buttons on your taskbar in windows. I see.

D
~G.K. Chesterton