How to delete my account?

Feedback or suggestions. Be kind. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Forum rules
Feedback or suggestions. Be kind. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
mceuph
bugler
bugler

How to delete my account?

Post by mceuph »

Is there a "self-service" way to do this, or do I have to specifically request it from someone?
Martin Cochran
Columbus State University
University of Alabama-Birmingham
Adams Euphonium Artist
mceuph75@gmail.com" target="_blank
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Re: How to delete my account?

Post by bort »

It's the internet. Don't forget, you're here forever.
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

I remember one person years ago, who was well known and posted a lot, got pissed off and deleted everything he ever posted. I would consider that abuse. The internet has no implication of privacy, and this is all no different than saying something verbally in public.

It's convenient that you can delete and edit things. But even still, you can't "un-say" them. You can just stop.saying more things
mceuph
bugler
bugler

Post by mceuph »

bort wrote:I remember one person years ago, who was well known and posted a lot, got pissed off and deleted everything he ever posted. I would consider that abuse. The internet has no implication of privacy, and this is all no different than saying something verbally in public.

It's convenient that you can delete and edit things. But even still, you can't "un-say" them. You can just stop.saying more things
While the behavior described above is certainly juvenile it doesn't apply to my situation. I have no such issues or expectations of privacy that any of my older posts would be deleted from history. I am not attempting to hide past controversial or offensive posts (there are none). I simply want my current account deleted. It also doesn't explain why this would lead to a policy where no one can delete their account.
schlepporello wrote: due to certain abuses of this service by a current member on this board, that ain't gonna happen for anybody any more.
If this person was so abusive of this service then why are they currently allowed to be a member?
schlepporello wrote:Once you're in, you're in for good.
Is this policy clearly stated when signing up for this forum? Was it clearly stated when I signed up years ago? If not I feel that it should be.
Martin Cochran
Columbus State University
University of Alabama-Birmingham
Adams Euphonium Artist
mceuph75@gmail.com" target="_blank