FAQ for TubeNet?

Feedback or suggestions. Be kind. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Forum rules
Feedback or suggestions. Be kind. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
The Big Ben
6 valves
6 valves

FAQ for TubeNet?

Post by The Big Ben »

Since there is some reconnoitering going on with the software and some new people on the scene, I'd like to make a suggestion:

The FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) for TubeNet seems to be pretty comprehensive for the mechanics of TubeNet ("How do I respond to a post?" "How do I start a new topic?" "Why can't I log in?" etc.) and it might be good to add FAQs for the musical side of TubeNet ("What are the differences between 3/4, 4/4, 5/4 and 6/4 sized tubas?" " "What are some good routine/method books to build skills with a BBb tuba?" And, of course, "What are the differences between BBb, CC, Eb and F tubas?") The questions could be answered with links to particular posts from the TubeNet archives or contributions from the TNFJ. I'm good at searching for things and would be willing to help write one if people think it is a good idea and could give some ideas what good questions might be. A new user could be pointed towards the FAQ when they join in hopes that they would get initial questions answered and could ask better questions.

Good idea?
FarahShazam
4 valves
4 valves

Re: FAQ for TubeNet?

Post by FarahShazam »

Good idea. It'll be a work in progress but we can get something started. And, yes on the member input. Please.
--farah chisham
Sous-Chef-Phone
bugler
bugler

Re: FAQ for TubeNet?

Post by Sous-Chef-Phone »

Did this ever come to fruition? I'm trying to help make a similar FAQ for the Tubatown Discord and it would be a useful jumping-off point. (We get asked a lot about things like types of tubas [pitches, sizes, designs, etc.], mouthpieces, etc.)
My horn: Jupiter 378 BBb 3/4 Tuba, 3 valves
Currently borrowing: Martin Elkhart BBb 4/4 Tuba, 3 valves, silver-plated brass