Notification about new posts in subscribed thread?

Feedback or suggestions. Be kind. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Forum rules
Feedback or suggestions. Be kind. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
imperialbari
6 valves
6 valves

Notification about new posts in subscribed thread?

Post by imperialbari »

Does this facility work?

I never unsubscribe from threads that I post in (unless a thread ends up as a farce).

So I wondered when I saw the current thread about small sousaphones had several new postings without me having received a notification mail.

I am aware that it may work, only that there is some delay for reasons beyond my understanding.

Klaus
Wyvern
Wessex Tubas
Wessex Tubas
Location: Hampshire, England when not travelling around the world on Wessex business

Re: Notification about new posts in subscribed thread?

Post by Wyvern »

I have also recently not been getting notifications of posts even in threads I started
Steve Marcus
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Steve Marcus »

Likewise
Steve Marcus
http://www.facebook.com/steve.marcus.88
Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia
imperialbari
6 valves
6 valves

Post by imperialbari »

The notifications apparently have started working again.

Nice!

Klaus
gwwilk
3 valves
3 valves

Post by gwwilk »

cktuba wrote:Now, where do we turn them off? I've looked around a little bit but can't seem to find where to turn them off (I'm probably looking right at it and not seeing it). But if anyone knows where in the user control panel this is located and cares to share that onfo, that would be great.
Scroll to the very bottom of the Subscribed page where you'll see an 'Unsubscribe topic' link. Click to Unsubscribe. You need to do this for each topic to which you are subscribed (sorry for the archaic grammar-I just can't bring myself to help destroy the English language).

BTW, now that I've posted in this topic, I'm 'Subscribed' and the link says 'Unsubscribe topic'. If you're not subscribed it will say 'Subscribe topic'.
Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com
gwwilk
3 valves
3 valves

Post by gwwilk »

cktuba wrote:Being automatically subscribed to any thread to which I have posted is a "feature" that I would like to have "turned off", or disabled, on my account. I would prefer not having my inbox filled with spam, from Tubenet, every time someone posts to a thread. Is my request more satisfactory now Herr Oberst?

:roll:
The present setting does admittedly require a little extra vigilance on the part of posters who for whatever reason don't want to see responses to their posts. Just remember when your post appears in the thread to 'Unsubscribe'. I prefer the present setting, although I can understand why prolific posters would rather just let fly and be done with it.
Of all the grammatical atrocities committed across the internet... This was the battle you chose? :roll:
The battle is ubiquitous and never-ending. :( You saw just one tiny foray into the field with keyboard held high. :)
Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com
Rick F
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Rick F »

cktuba wrote:Being automatically subscribed to any thread to which I have posted is a "feature" that I would like to have "turned off", or disabled, on my account. I would prefer not having my inbox filled with spam, from Tubenet, every time someone posts to a thread.
You can turn off notifications by going to 'User Control Panel' upper left of main pg. or any pg just below the header.
Tap 'Board preferences' tab, then
'Edit posting defaults'.
Then tap 'no' for "Notify me upon replies by default:"

I have this set on any and all forums I frequent. You're right, with this turned on you'll get tons of emails.
Miraphone 5050 - Warburton mpc (Brandon Jones)
YEP-641S (on long-term loan to grandson)
DE mpc (102 rim; I-cup; I-9 shank)
FarahShazam
4 valves
4 valves

Post by FarahShazam »

I saw one more setting that miiiight help. I've literally tried everything. It might be a board glitch.
--farah chisham