Want to buy + for sale = unified forum?

Feedback or suggestions. Be kind. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Forum rules
Feedback or suggestions. Be kind. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
adelarosa
bugler
bugler

Want to buy + for sale = unified forum?

Post by adelarosa »

I understand the reasoning behind wanting to segment and compartmentalize the various forums into their appropriate distinctions, but just in my experience the "want to buy" area is infrequently- if ever- consistently used. Might this be included in the "for sale" section?

I'm much more likely to find someone that's looking for something I have and want to get rid of in the for sale area then traipsing through the want to buy area, which I very very infrequently visit.

Feel free to ridicule, amend, or otherwise ignore. :)
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Re: Want to buy + for sale = unified forum?

Post by bort »

It used to be that way, but then it was "improved." There were other "improvements" as well, like separating the ebay listings, and new rules for the for sale ads. I think some of these changes might be helpful, but I'm not convinced it was truly a problem before, or truly better now. Meh. I get what I pay for!

However, without question, the biggest improvement is that there is no more spam at all, which had become a major problem. So thanks, TubeNet Police!
adelarosa
bugler
bugler

Post by adelarosa »

Absolutely I agree, Bort. Thanks to the mods for all they do.

Just a suggestion. Like Bort said, I get what I pay for, which is pretty great even considering that fact. Mucho gracias!
adelarosa
bugler
bugler

Post by adelarosa »

Last question: is it OK if I, the seeker, post my WTB in the For Sale section or is that forbidden? I only ask because if the WTB area is rarely seen than I'd rather take the chance of getting buried vs never see the light of day.

Ulteriorly I notice that my posts seem to keep getting moved... Is there some way to notify us, the posters, when that happens?

Thanks,