Community Standards

Feedback or suggestions. Be kind. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Forum rules
Feedback or suggestions. Be kind. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
UDELBR
Deletedaccounts
Deletedaccounts

Re: Community Standards

Post by UDELBR »

binlove wrote:I mean, all the posts are right there, intact (other than the user info). I'm sad we won't get to have the whole project documented for posterity in one place, but there's no reason to be dramatic.
Hahahahahaha. Attribution of contribution of knowledge is no small thing. I guess times change . . .
binlove
bugler
bugler

Post by binlove »

UncleBeer wrote:
binlove wrote:I mean, all the posts are right there, intact (other than the user info). I'm sad we won't get to have the whole project documented for posterity in one place, but there's no reason to be dramatic.
Hahahahahaha. Attribution of contribution of knowledge is no small thing. I guess times change . . .
Actually the username and attribution is still there too. Just not an avatar.
UDELBR
Deletedaccounts
Deletedaccounts

Post by UDELBR »

binlove wrote: Actually the username and attribution is still there too. Just not an avatar.
Search for author "Elephant". He's been nuked.
groth
3 valves
3 valves

Post by groth »

Their goal is to watch the site fade to black, not take it over. Some of the YouTube comments kind of gave away their MO and plans months ago.
GC
5 valves
5 valves

Post by GC »

Well, I just found this, for example: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=89578. His posts are still here.
JP/Sterling 377 compensating Eb; Warburton "The Grail" T.G.4, RM-9 7.8, Yamaha 66D4; for sale > 1914 Conn Monster Eb (my avatar), ca. 1905 Fillmore Bros 1/4-size Eb, Bach 42B trombone
GC
5 valves
5 valves

Post by GC »

I still find it off-putting that someone with less than 100 posts here, and another with less than 300, has now the authority to dump users who have contributed here for a couple of decades and who have thousands of posts.
JP/Sterling 377 compensating Eb; Warburton "The Grail" T.G.4, RM-9 7.8, Yamaha 66D4; for sale > 1914 Conn Monster Eb (my avatar), ca. 1905 Fillmore Bros 1/4-size Eb, Bach 42B trombone
smitwill1
bugler
bugler

Post by smitwill1 »

See ya. I’ll check in from time to time to see if these heavy handed practices change. ‘Til then, bye; I’ll miss the interactions.
tbonesullivan
4 valves
4 valves

Post by tbonesullivan »

smitwill1 wrote:See ya. I’ll check in from time to time to see if these heavy handed practices change. ‘Til then, bye; I’ll miss the interactions.
doubtful. We have a new moderating team that pretty much affected a forum takeover, apparently "for the common good" but given how much they posted about it on Facebook and reddit, it seems to be much more for self-edification and possibly self-aggrandizement.
Yamaha YBB-631S BBb Tuba, B&H Imperial Eb Tuba, Sterling / Perantucci 1065GHS Euphonium
Yamaha YBL-621 RII Bass Trombone and a bunch of other trombones
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

Can someone email me Wade's email address?

Not PM. I don't trust it amymore
bearphonium
5 valves
5 valves
Location: Making mischief in the back row at 44, 1' 49"N, 123, 8'10"W

Post by bearphonium »

Bring the Elephant back. As a member of one of your "disadvantaged" communities, I have found all of my interactions with Wade to be cordial and supportive. There are a handful of forum members that I would say are Tubenet, and he's one of them.

If he doesn't want to come back, I would understand it, based on some other information that I have seen.
Mirafone 186 BBb
VMI 201 3/4 BBb
King Sousaphone
Conn 19I 4-valve non-comp Euph

What Would Xena Do?
GC
5 valves
5 valves

Post by GC »

Dr. Ige said that he had banned 2 people. I wonder who the other one is.
Dan Schultz
TubaTinker
TubaTinker

Post by Dan Schultz »

I'm glad to see that TubeNet is stlll 'alive'. Sean and Farah have done a remarkable job keeping things on an 'even keel' the nearly twenty years I've been hanging around here.
Dan Schultz
"The Village Tinker"
http://www.thevillagetinker.com" target="_blank
Current 'stable'... Rudolf Meinl 5/4, Marzan (by Willson) euph, King 2341, Alphorn, and other strange stuff.
pjv
4 valves
4 valves

Post by pjv »

I noticed that all of Bloke's posts are gone.