new standards?

Feedback or suggestions. Be kind. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Forum rules
Feedback or suggestions. Be kind. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
groth
3 valves
3 valves

Re: new standards?

Post by groth »

I'm just wondering what purging all of the old "suspected" and "supposed" racists and non-inclusive members here without any evidence of such is actually doing? Is it giving all the people involved in the Tuba Social Justice Initiative some sort of 1-up and vindication they accomplished something? Please help us understand what YOUR motivation for it is. Because I will tell you, and listen closely..it's not wiping away racism (since it didn't exist here anyway), if anything it's creating hatred and division between 2 groups of people within the community where there was none to begin with. You aren't changing anyone's mind (if they were racist or non-inclusive) by banning or forcing people away from this site.

The original members here that have been banned or left due to your politics and heavy handedness are already making another mirror forum to this under a different name and rebooting what we all had here to begin with and I can say assuredly you won't be getting membership there if you've made yourself already know here as opposition.They will vet any applicants very thoroughly to keep the riff-raff out (just as I suspect you have done so eloquently with TubeNet at this point, I know how the game is played). So... well done, you guys got your own forum now, created more hatred and division, didn't change anyone's mind about being a bad person, and now they are about to take back what you stole from them. How's them apples? This is all stuff that comes with Wisdom not college education. They literally outsmarted you guys at your own game. :lol:
humBell
4 valves
4 valves

Post by humBell »

WoodSheddin wrote:Today has been a whirlwind and the past weekend an eye opening experience for me.

If i can ask without offending you, what do you see now that your eyes are open?

I ask because much of what has been happening here doesn't make sense to me, and i would like to have some idea what's going on.

My impression is that you would know if anyone does.

No actual need or hurry for a response. I can't tell if the whirlwind is still going or not, and i definitely am not important enough to be kept in any loop.

Also feel free to change to a more personal (or general) form of response as you deem appropriate.

Anyway, here's to hoping that things work out well in the end.
Thanks for playing!
Simonk
bugler
bugler

Post by Simonk »

As a very occasional poster to TubeNet from the other side of the pond, I'm dismayed and a little alarmed at the sudden changes to a site that has proved a great resource over many years. Seeing some of the long term posters summarily removed/ banned without any form of due process other than "agree with us or leave" is akin to the Borgs "Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated" routine...

Whilst I have great respect and a long standing advocacy for my LGBTQ+ colleagues and abhor racism in any form, I come here to read and occasionally discuss low brass issues/ kit/ humour etc with others who engage in this minority pastime. It has its quirks (particularly to one who isnt American) but those are part of its charm and utility. Both of those now seem to have been lost in a whirlwind of cultural Marxism - if you're not part of "our" solution, then you are part of the problem. Life isnt as simple as that and is infinitely more nuanced.... as I would expect anyone campaigning for human rights would be aware of....

Worth a read if you're interested - The Madness of Crowds: Gender, Race and Identity by Douglas Murray

Thank you all :tuba:
Willson EEb 3+1 (early 3400TA model)
Melton Meinl Weston 2045/5 EEb “Mr Tuba”
Wessex Dolce Euphonium
pjv
4 valves
4 valves

Post by pjv »

---------