Sorry, Don't Like the Black

Feedback or suggestions. Be kind. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Forum rules
Feedback or suggestions. Be kind. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
iiipopes
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Sorry, Don't Like the Black

Post by iiipopes »

Sorry, I don't like the black background. On my monitor, "TubeNet" practically disappears into the black background, and so do all the other blue words.
Jupiter JTU1110, RT-82.
"Real" Conn 36K.
Matt G
5 valves
5 valves

Re: Sorry, Don't Like the Black

Post by Matt G »

iiipopes wrote:Sorry, I don't like the black background. On my monitor, "TubeNet" practically disappears into the black background, and so do all the other blue words.
There are newer versions of phpBB that support options for “light” and “dark” modes. The color mapping used in those versions isn’t great, but is far better than what I’m seeing here with a massive contrast that can bother people with certain light sensitivities.
Dillon/Walters CC
Meinl Weston 2165
GC
5 valves
5 valves

Post by GC »

That's one reason the early 2000's fetish for black backgrounds with dark blue text finally died out. Thank God.
JP/Sterling 377 compensating Eb; Warburton "The Grail" T.G.4, RM-9 7.8, Yamaha 66D4; for sale > 1914 Conn Monster Eb (my avatar), ca. 1905 Fillmore Bros 1/4-size Eb, Bach 42B trombone
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Three Valves »

Rainbow TubeNet.

Black Backround.

Get it?? :roll:
I am committed to the advancement of civil rights, minus the Marxist intimidation and thuggery of BLM.
tbonesullivan
4 valves
4 valves

Post by tbonesullivan »

But nothing for Women, the largest and most systematically oppressed population in history?
Yamaha YBB-631S BBb Tuba, B&H Imperial Eb Tuba, Sterling / Perantucci 1065GHS Euphonium
Yamaha YBL-621 RII Bass Trombone and a bunch of other trombones
peterbas
bugler
bugler

Post by peterbas »

tbonesullivan wrote:But nothing for Women, the largest and most systematically oppressed population in history?
Man or woman doesn't exist anymore, we are now all one gender.
KKORO
bugler
bugler

Post by KKORO »

The black background is hard on these old eyes. Is there a way to change it on my computer?

KorKoro
GC
5 valves
5 valves

Post by GC »

Is it the black background or that the text isn't light enough to give enough contrast for easy reading?
JP/Sterling 377 compensating Eb; Warburton "The Grail" T.G.4, RM-9 7.8, Yamaha 66D4; for sale > 1914 Conn Monster Eb (my avatar), ca. 1905 Fillmore Bros 1/4-size Eb, Bach 42B trombone
tbonesullivan
4 valves
4 valves

Post by tbonesullivan »

GC wrote:Is it the black background or that the text isn't light enough to give enough contrast for easy reading?
Well, that's a whole other bag of worms. Considering the average age of a lot of the members, making sure that we have a board that people with visual impairment can read is pretty important. Depending on the person a light or dark theme can be easier to read.

I used to post on a message board where one member always typed in all caps, because it was much easier for him to see.
Yamaha YBB-631S BBb Tuba, B&H Imperial Eb Tuba, Sterling / Perantucci 1065GHS Euphonium
iiipopes
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by iiipopes »

GC wrote:Is it the black background or that the text isn't light enough to give enough contrast for easy reading?
Yes. Both. The black makes too much contrast for comfortable viewing of the forum listings, and the blue text, for example, the titles of the threads and where you click to "Mark Topics Read" completely disappear.
Jupiter JTU1110, RT-82.
"Real" Conn 36K.
KKORO
bugler
bugler

Post by KKORO »

"

For me it's the "Last visit was:

Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:55 pm
It is currently Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:00 am
View unanswered posts • View unread posts • View new posts • View active topics"
that's the hardest to read. It's also hard to make out the TubeNet logo, but that doesn't affect the forum use once you know what it is.

Also, whether it was meant as a political statement or not, the rainbow is considered a political statement (one that I would agree with, by the way) and will, needlessly turn some folks off. It should be reconsidered.
tbonesullivan
4 valves
4 valves

Post by tbonesullivan »

KKORO wrote:Also, whether it was meant as a political statement or not, the rainbow is considered a political statement (one that I would agree with, by the way) and will, needlessly turn some folks off. It should be reconsidered.
Well, that depends entirely how one defines "political statement". Some consider it a human rights issue, while others consider it a political issue. The question is whether the fact that it IS a political issue to many should be ignored. I don't consider it a political issue, but there are many who do, which often falls on political lines. So regardless of my thoughts, it is a political issue. Just like the A word is a women's rights issue and/or bodily autonomy issue, but it is definitely political.
iiipopes
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by iiipopes »

[Sigh] And I remember in the innocence of kindergarten that we colored a rainbow so we had a reason to use all the colors in our 8-pack box of Crayola crayons, with black for the lines and brown for the ground in addition to the rainbow colors to learn their names. [Sigh]
Jupiter JTU1110, RT-82.
"Real" Conn 36K.