"No Politics" Questions

Feedback or suggestions. Be kind. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Forum rules
Feedback or suggestions. Be kind. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
TheodoreSmith
bugler
bugler

Re: "No Politics" Questions

Post by TheodoreSmith »

before this post gets taken down, I just want to say I feel like this whole thing is being shoved down our throats. I just want to talk TUBA, nothing else.
B&S PT-7PS
Yamaha Yeb-321
UDELBR
Deletedaccounts
Deletedaccounts

Post by UDELBR »

+1
snorlax wrote:1. Are you banning people without doing them the courtesy of telling them? If so, that's rude and inconsiderate. I get that impression from the "If you have been banned" message.

2. The "TubeNet" logo above is making a political statement. That is against the new standards...or are you simply telling the world that it's ok for YOU to make YOUR political statements, but the rest of us can go to the devil and get banned? That's a real attitude of bullying, I'd say.

It's your forum; you may do as you please. I ask only for the consistency of applying your standards to yourselves.
JCW
groth
3 valves
3 valves

Post by groth »

snorlax wrote:1. Are you banning people without doing them the courtesy of telling them? If so, that's rude and inconsiderate. I get that impression from the "If you have been banned" message.

2. The "TubeNet" logo above is making a political statement. That is against the new standards...or are you simply telling the world that it's ok for YOU to make YOUR political statements, but the rest of us can go to the devil and get banned? That's a real attitude of bullying, I'd say.

It's your forum; you may do as you please. I ask only for the consistency of applying your standards to yourselves.
JCW
+3
brendanige
bugler
bugler

Post by brendanige »

1. People are being notified of why they are being banned

2. The post is neither hate speech or "discussions about federal, state, and local politics with respect to elections and politicians are not allowed regardless of their relevance to the tuba/euphonium community and will be removed." Regardless of that is also not a post.

Thank you for your concerns.
Brendan
LowBrassNYC
bugler
bugler

Post by LowBrassNYC »

I'm excited to see a TubeNet that no longer condones homophobic, racist, xenophobic, and sexist comments (or users). Bravo.
Ryan Fisk
———
Meinl Weston 2250TL, 6460, 6450/2
tbonesullivan
4 valves
4 valves

Post by tbonesullivan »

Well, this looks suspiciously like a forum takeover, one where you must make performative virtue signals that you do not harbor negative beliefs to participate.

This also implies that you are considered a bigot until proven otherwise.
Yamaha YBB-631S BBb Tuba, B&H Imperial Eb Tuba, Sterling / Perantucci 1065GHS Euphonium
Yamaha YBL-621 RII Bass Trombone and a bunch of other trombones
TheGoyWonder
4 valves
4 valves

Post by TheGoyWonder »

This road has already been tread. This road leads to destruction. The major Facebook tuba groups went down this road and now they are useless. WHY would you follow the same path??? It leads to death. It goes to zero. You will be Myspace. And you will have done it to yourself.
groth
3 valves
3 valves

Post by groth »

snorlax wrote:
LowBrassNYC wrote:I'm excited to see a TubeNet that no longer condones homophobic, racist, xenophobic, and sexist comments (or users). Bravo.
I've been here since darn near the beginning and saw next to nothing coming close to those behaviors.
Where was it all?
End
There's never been any of this on this site, ever. I challenge anyone to find and screenshot any concrete evidence of such.
peterbas
bugler
bugler

Post by peterbas »

snorlax wrote:Brendan...
1. That's good to know. It's a courtesy one might expect. Is there room for discussion, or is the banning 100% unilateral?

2. It is WORSE than a mere post. It is an official statement being made by the owners of the forum and their admins, on the landing page, for all to see. It is a non-ignorable endorsement of a political philosophy by the very people who are telling us not to make political statements. Saying it's "not a post" reminds me of "it all depends on what 'is' is."
1. You get banned first and then you get to know why. And if the action is like on reddit there will be no room for discussion.

2. What about the sponsors, they are now sponsoring a political website. Did anybody bother to bring them up to speed with this change.
peterbas
bugler
bugler

Post by peterbas »

groth wrote:
snorlax wrote:
LowBrassNYC wrote:I'm excited to see a TubeNet that no longer condones homophobic, racist, xenophobic, and sexist comments (or users). Bravo.
I've been here since darn near the beginning and saw next to nothing coming close to those behaviors.
Where was it all?
End
There's never been any of this on this site, ever. I challenge anyone to find and screenshot any concrete evidence of such.
So what, new bosses, new laws.
But also no participants, no forum
dxdent
lurker
lurker

Post by dxdent »

TubeNet supports BLM? Until BLM condemns and disavows the violence being done by them or their surrogates, I cannot in good conscience engage with ANY entity/individuals that supports such a movement. I fail to see how support for such a group enhances communication within the world of low brass. It is your website, however henceforth I am done here. I will also actively encourage others to not participate. Violence or threat of violence committed under ANY banner/movement for whatever reasons is unacceptable. To support it is unconscionable.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ntown.html" target="_blank" target="_blank

dxdent/yadent
WoodSheddin
5 valves
5 valves

Post by WoodSheddin »

if taking a bold stance against racism and intolerance makes you uncomfortable then that is the purpose. #blacklivesmatter
sean chisham
Matt G
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Matt G »

peterbas wrote: 2. What about the sponsors, they are now sponsoring a political website. Did anybody bother to bring them up to speed with this change.
This is an excellent point. The sponsors are paying for bandwidth for the rest of us in hopes that we buy some stuff to help the cycle continue.

As such, they are stakeholders in the community. If actions are taken to drive away membership and/or drive down site traffic (and as a result clicks to their websites), they have the right to withdraw their monetary support which would seemingly help keep the lights on.
Dillon/Walters CC
Meinl Weston 2165
peterbas
bugler
bugler

Post by peterbas »

WoodSheddin wrote:if taking a bold stance against racism and intolerance makes you uncomfortable then that is the purpose. #blacklivesmatter
My live matters too.
scottw
5 valves
5 valves

Post by scottw »

Then I am to understand that BLM is now fully sanctioned by the US Army? That's interesting.
Bearin' up!