The Edmund Fitzgerald

Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Forum rules
Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
ronr
bugler
bugler

The Edmund Fitzgerald

Post by ronr »

We spend about a weekend a month in Duluth. Typically no agenda; just go up there to hang. We were up at Split Rock Lighthouse this week. They light the light on November 10 in memory of those who went down with the Edmund Fitzgerald. I cried when they read the names and struck the bell for the 29 men who lost their lives.

What a sentimental old fool I am.
Renodoc
bugler
bugler

Re: The Edmund Fitzgerald

Post by Renodoc »

Not sentimental at all. I grew up in Michigan and the tragedy is imprinted on my brain. At 7 years old when it happened, I just couldn't understand how those massive ships we saw on the Detroit River and in the Great Lakes could go down like that.

Every time I am back there visiting and we drive by Mariners' church in Detroit, I think of the song and the Edmund Fitzgerald
Andy Pasternak
Family Doc in the Biggest Little City
Hirsbrunner HB7
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

I love Edmund Fitzgerald's voice
Old Tuba Guy
bugler
bugler

Post by Old Tuba Guy »

bort wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:54 am I love Edmund Fitzgerald's voice
I cry when Edmund Fitzgerald sings.
Old Guy
King 2341-5
iiipopes
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by iiipopes »

How Gordon Lightfoot captured the tragedy with his song indicates what a genius he is (yes, is, he still tours); the song now a rock of Canadian culture.
Jupiter JTU1110, RT-82.
"Real" Conn 36K.