A present for a friend getting married...

Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Forum rules
Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
jon112780
4 valves
4 valves

A present for a friend getting married...

Post by jon112780 »

One of my good friends from church is getting married this week, I need some ideas for what to get him. I was thinking along the lines of "I can't believe he got me this..." :shock: but he'll still keep it because it's neat. Oh yeah, he's 22. Not really a gag gift, but something 'good' :twisted:

Any ideas?
JB
pro musician
pro musician

Re: A present for a friend getting married...

Post by JB »

jon112780 wrote:One of my good friends from church is getting married this week, I need some ideas for what to get him
Mother-in-law repellent spray?? :lol:
WoodSheddin
5 valves
5 valves

Re: A present for a friend getting married...

Post by WoodSheddin »

jon112780 wrote:One of my good friends from church is getting married this week, I need some ideas for what to get him. I was thinking along the lines of "I can't believe he got me this..." :shock: but he'll still keep it because it's neat. Oh yeah, he's 22. Not really a gag gift, but something 'good' :twisted:

Any ideas?
How about an anonymous gift containing a bullwhip, latex clothing, and a get well card. If they open it at the wedding shower then work out your straight face. If they open it later then they can both get a great laugh out of it.

If that will come across as tacky for the parties involved, then how about a weedeater. Not too many weedeaters at wedding showers.
Last edited by WoodSheddin on Tue Jun 22, 2004 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sean chisham
Doug@GT
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Doug@GT »

Two friends of mine who are getting married in July registered at Target. While perusing their list, I came across "Lord of the Rings Risk." Not exactly the most conventional thing for a wedding registry. So I got it for them.

The moral, jon? Buy your friend a sword. Or if that's too expensive, Sean's idea sounds awesome.
"It is terrible to contemplate how few politicians are hanged."
~G.K. Chesterton
smurphius
3 valves
3 valves

Post by smurphius »

I do believe the great and magnificent Sean has come up with the ultimate gift. A weed eater. What better way to show you care than blessing someone with the gift of the most beautiful lawn in town. Edible undies works well too, especially if you slip them IN the weed eater box. They'd never see it coming.