Update Update

Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Forum rules
Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
TubaRay
6 valves
6 valves

Update Update

Post by TubaRay »

Rick Denney wrote:
Mark wrote:Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead.
Well, THAT'S a relief.
Rick "nervously waiting for the update concerning Josef Stalin" Denney
From what I understand, Stalin is also dead. I don't know if anyone has checked on this recently. Perhaps if someone has, they can post an update.
Ray Grim
The TubaMeisters
San Antonio, Tx.
windshieldbug
Once got the "hand" as a cue

Post by windshieldbug »

Update:

Stalin may be dead, or then again, he may be hiding out as someone called "Anastasia" until the coast clears...
Instead of talking to your plants, if you yelled at them would they still grow, but only to be troubled and insecure?
OldsRecording
5 valves
5 valves

Post by OldsRecording »

the elephant wrote:UPDATE: Stalin is, in fact, dead. This was confirmed by me personally via a visual inspection of the remains, which are in my freezer.
:shock: Oh crap! I thought that was chili! :oops:
bardus est ut bardus probo,
Bill Souder

All mushrooms are edible, some are edible only once.
THE TUBA
Deletedaccounts
Deletedaccounts

Re: Update Update

Post by THE TUBA »

Update: The forum interface has changed. I just thought I would give everyone a heads up. :tuba:
[/post]
OldsRecording
5 valves
5 valves

Post by OldsRecording »

Just letting you all know- my son's Little League team (the Cardinals) won their first game of the season- 17 to 11. Further updates as events warrant.
Bill Souder

Rick Denney
Resident Genius

Post by Rick Denney »

The NTCIP 1210 interface standards for communications with field management stations has been approved by the FMS Working Group of the NTCIP Joint Committee. Version 1.47 goes before the Joint Committee on May 15 for approval as a Recommended Standard, at which time it will be balloted by NEMA, ITE, and AASHTO. The meeting held last week in Austin was ultimately a big success, though it required 54 billable hours this week to finish it up.

Just providing an update.

Rick "not caring that nobody else cares about the successful conclusion of seven years of tiresome committee work" Denney
TubaRay
6 valves
6 valves

Post by TubaRay »

Thank you for that report, Rick. We all know it must be important to somebody. :)
Ray Grim
The TubaMeisters
San Antonio, Tx.
lgb&dtuba
4 valves
4 valves

Post by lgb&dtuba »

Just in case anyone missed it, today is Friday. Just an update.
TubaRay
6 valves
6 valves

Post by TubaRay »

It is now only 364 days until the next International Tuba Day. The more I think of this, the more I wonder how we would get by without having this thread. Amazing....
Ray Grim
The TubaMeisters
San Antonio, Tx.
Tom Holtz
Push Button Make Sound
Push Button Make Sound

Post by Tom Holtz »

Quick update: after a rough couple of days due to a highly suspect take-out beef and broccoli, my stool is firming up nicely.

TubaRay
6 valves
6 valves

Post by TubaRay »

Tom Holtz wrote:Quick update: after a rough couple of days due to a highly suspect take-out beef and broccoli, my stool is firming up nicely.
Isn't TubeNet wonderful? :lol:
Ray Grim
The TubaMeisters
San Antonio, Tx.
OldsRecording
5 valves
5 valves

Post by OldsRecording »

TubaRay wrote:
Tom Holtz wrote:Quick update: after a rough couple of days due to a highly suspect take-out beef and broccoli, my stool is firming up nicely.
Isn't TubeNet wonderful? :lol:

That's why the the Chinese place we usually go to, you can see directly into the kitchen, and I know the owner personally.
Bill Souder

PWtuba
bugler
bugler

Re:

Post by PWtuba »

the elephant wrote:UPDATE: I am sorry to announce to the board that all latest updates indicate that Jimmy Hoffa is still missing. Rest assured that we are looking and our confidence in locating this man increases with the passing of each day. Since Mr. Hoffa disappeared on July 30, 1975, many, many days have passed. So our confidence is running very high right now and just keeps getting better.

Thank you for your support.

UPDATE: Jimmy Hoffa is buried in Senator Bedfellow's back yard. Or he may be at the bottom of Senator Bedfellow's pond in the back yard. Or Bedfellow lost the body. Journalist Milo Bloom is still investigating. Stay tuned for updates.
Peter
OldsRecording
5 valves
5 valves

Re: Re:

Post by OldsRecording »

PWtuba wrote:
the elephant wrote:UPDATE: I am sorry to announce to the board that all latest updates indicate that Jimmy Hoffa is still missing. Rest assured that we are looking and our confidence in locating this man increases with the passing of each day. Since Mr. Hoffa disappeared on July 30, 1975, many, many days have passed. So our confidence is running very high right now and just keeps getting better.

Thank you for your support.

UPDATE: Jimmy Hoffa is buried in Senator Bedfellow's back yard. Or he may be at the bottom of Senator Bedfellow's pond in the back yard. Or Bedfellow lost the body. Journalist Milo Bloom is still investigating. Stay tuned for updates.
"Slowly, this reporter's hand recoiled in utter moral disgust..."
Bill Souder

Rick Denney
Resident Genius

Post by Rick Denney »

For me, it was the Mexican food and barbecue in Austin followed by delicious and extremely fresh fried crab cakes, crab dip, crab balls, etc., during the subsequent weekend visiting relatives on the Eastern Shore of Virginia. I keep forgetting what it is that a gall bladder does after having mine removed in December.

Rick "a little better today--after a...um...solid week" Denney
windshieldbug

Post by windshieldbug »

the elephant wrote:UPDATE: I got only three hours of sleep. I had a nice, fuzzy drive into town, performed a quintet educational Informance, ate some excellent Chinese food, drove home, played on TubeNet, and am now about to take a short nap. You have been updated.
I think we were "downdated"! :shock:
Instead of talking to your plants, if you yelled at them would they still grow, but only to be troubled and insecure?
TexTuba
5 valves
5 valves

Post by TexTuba »

:tuba:
Last edited by TexTuba on Tue May 13, 2008 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rick Denney
Resident Genius

Post by Rick Denney »

the elephant wrote:At least my stool is firm.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Count your blessings.

Rick "update: The pain in the neck has become a pain in the butt" Denney
TubaRay
6 valves
6 valves

Post by TubaRay »

bloke wrote:NEWS FLASH !!!

I just got my big Z-Trak mower put back together (maintenance/repairs) and cut (for the first time this year) for about 30 minutes before the sun went down. I did three gigs today, was gone for over ten hours, felt like $h!t when I got home, but felt obligated to try to do SOMETHING with the *d@mn grass...' many acres to go...Rains have been torrential and relentless...The remaining patches of * Kentucky 31 fescue (planted by the previous owner) are over 2' high. :x

bloke "If I waited any longer, I would have had to get out the tractor and bush hog. Thank goodness this mower has a 28 hp engine and a 72" cut."

You have been updated. Goodnight!
It's always good to get one mow update. Don't you think? :lol:
Ray Grim
The TubaMeisters
San Antonio, Tx.
PWtuba
bugler
bugler

Post by PWtuba »

Update: I just spent the entire school day (seven hours) studying for a 3-hour test (Advanced Placement United States History).

I know, nobody cares.
Peter