Update Update

Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Forum rules
Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
scottw
5 valves
5 valves

Re: Update Update

Post by scottw »

[quote="Doc"]In the last two days, my wife made a traditional German plum cake. Then backed it up with a peach cobbler. Barbecued. Made a pork roast. Cooked homemade sausage. Then made baked fish with butter, capers, and lemon. And cleaned house. And mowed grass. Then made homemade Kahlua, cranberry preserves, blueberry preserves, and plum moonshine. Then cleaned out some stuff from the house that needed to go. And did some work on her old car.

This is UNLIKE her. Whatever meds she is taking, I need some. :shock:
Last time that happened in my house, she was beginning what is commonly called "thyroid storm", caused by the thyroid suddenly going super over-active. If not treated in time, the body is literally eaten up from the inside.
Got a lot done in a short time, though! :D
Bearin' up!
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Three Valves »

We had a peach and blueberry cobbler down here at the DE shore. The peach blossom is the DE state flower. Peach ice cream also a big hit!!
I am committed to the advancement of civil rights, minus the Marxist intimidation and thuggery of BLM.
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Three Valves »

Your wife seems very ambitious lately... mine gets that way after a potent injection of my special man vitamin... 8)
I am committed to the advancement of civil rights, minus the Marxist intimidation and thuggery of BLM.
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

My wife and I picked about 20 pounds of blueberries today, on an uncommonly hot Minnesota day. She is now making our yearly blueberry buckle... Which if you don't know, is sort of like a coffee cake, but with an extreme amount of blueberries in it. (Like, more berries than batter.) She seems exhausted, but blueberry day only comes around once a year!

3 valves... I seriously miss the peach ice cream I used to get in southern PA!
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Three Valves »

bort wrote:
3 valves... I seriously miss the peach ice cream I used to get in southern PA!
And it has only gotten better!!

A HS friend of mine started Woodside Farm ice cream 30 years ago, leading the small batch local creamery market. Now there are at least a half dozen of them!!

That buckle sounds great. My wife does muffins.

She brought home a first pressing (1954) of Dinah (Washington) Jams last week.

Max Roach on drums. Maynard Ferguson on trumpet. Now I know what “trumpet clams” are!!

Yep. $1

:tuba:
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Three Valves »

Yup, fun’s over, I gotta take care of mine too...

Beer afterwards!!
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

I spent the afternoon trying to remove fenceposts from my backyard...previous owner had fenced in a small area immediately behind the house. Too small to be functional for us, and the fence was rotting away.

But, the posts are set in about 10 inches of concrete, what a pain in the ***. So much digging.... Still didn't get it. Have to get a jack and pull it out that way.

Also, found a headless bunny in the yard just seconds before my kids would have seen it. Buried it far in the back corner. Must've happened only a few hours earlier. Sad, but it's nature!

******* fence posts!

Beer afterwards!
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Three Valves »

I’m having some Peroni. I prefer Greek beer but Italian will do...

Corn, tomatoes and peaches are top notch!!
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

Local beer for.me. It's okay.

My favorite all time is from Tyrol, Austria. Not going to find that here!
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Three Valves »

Paulaner is still my favorite Oktoberfest here in the US. Not the Marzan, the lighter, less malty more drinkable one!!
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

I really thought you could get Augustiner here...?
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Three Valves »

Doc wrote:
Three Valves wrote:Paulaner is still my favorite Oktoberfest here in the US. Not the Marzan, the lighter, less malty more drinkable one!!
Sounds like we could have a fine session!
I can’t put away a 12 pack like I used to, but I can still get close!! :tuba:
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

This right?

I swear I've bought it here in the US, out east (And pretty sure I've had it in Berlin). One thing is for sure... A 6 pack of anything that ends in "-ator" is gonna knock me down real good. :)
alfredr
3 valves
3 valves

Post by alfredr »

Tomato sandwiches are in season.
roweenie
pro musician
pro musician

Post by roweenie »

bort wrote:This right?

I swear I've bought it here in the US, out east (And pretty sure I've had it in Berlin). One thing is for sure... A 6 pack of anything that ends in "-ator" is gonna knock me down real good. :)
I went to their biergarten (Augustiner-Keller) when I was in Munich several years ago (I actually went there twice)...the beer and the general experience was one of the highpoints of my visit.

Unfortunately now it's verboten.... :x
roweenie
pro musician
pro musician

Post by roweenie »

Doc wrote:
roweenie wrote:

I went to their biergarten (Augustiner-Keller) when I was in Munich several years ago (I actually went there twice)...the beer and the general experience was one of the highpoints of my visit.

Unfortunately now it's verboten.... :x
Wann essen wir?
Nicht so bald.....Ich werde eines Tages zurückkehren..... :cry:
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Three Valves »

You are correct sir, I saw it at the Bethesda Market in the shopping center I work near. :tuba:
roweenie
pro musician
pro musician

Post by roweenie »

Doc wrote:
roweenie wrote: Nicht so bald.....Ich werde eines Tages zurückkehren..... :cry:
Du brauchst nur Geld. Auf Geht's!

Geld und Zeit.. Geld und Zeit... Wo sind sie, Geld und Zeit??? :cry: Die Geschichte meines Lebens!
Auf absehbare Zeit sind keine Reisen nach Europa erlaubt - Geld oder nicht.... :cry:
roweenie
pro musician
pro musician

Post by roweenie »

bloke wrote:oder so würden die Deutschen uns glauben lassen ... :shock:

Stimmt, aber es scheint, dass wir Amerikaner derzeit "personae non gratae" sind....

Es ist alles sehr unglücklich :cry:
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

Today is my younger son's 3rd birthday!