Update Update

Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Forum rules
Be kind. No government, state, or local politics allowed. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
bisontuba
6 valves
6 valves

Re: Update Update

Post by bisontuba »

bort wrote:Remember that time when there was a virus?
Still here....
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

bisontuba wrote:
Still here....
So are we
bisontuba
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bisontuba »

Just don't think all the COVID problems are over...19 states are having big increases..and the second wave has yet to hit...
bisontuba
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bisontuba »

...as I was saying...

The New York Philharmonic has canceled its fall season over the coronavirus pandemic.

The Lincoln Center symphony orchestra announced Wednesday all concerts through January 5, 2021 will not happen, a decision made to ensure the safety of both fans and artists.

“While the New York Philharmonic deeply regrets having to cancel our fall concerts, we had no choice,” President and CEO Deborah Borda said in a statement. “Our number one concern is the health and safety of our audiences, musicians, and employees.”

Borda added that “it has become very clear that large groups of people will not be able to safely gather for the remainder of the calendar year due to the COVID-19 pandemic” and the decision was made in line with “New York State government regulations, along with the advice of medical experts.”

The New York Philharmonic says it hopes to continue with live performances beginning on January 6, 2021, but next year’s programming is subject to change.

Though it typically performs at David Geffen Hall at Lincoln Center, the Philharmonic is “exploring options for concerts in smaller gatherings when possible,” according to the press release.

For fans eager to hear music, the orchestra will be sharing broadcasts of past performances along with special videos featuring musicians through NY Phil Plays On.

The New York Philharmonic is just one of many beloved Big Apple arts and entertainment organizations canceling its season due to COVID-19. Fellow Lincoln Center staples including the American Ballet Theatre, New York City Ballet and the Metropolitan Opera already canceled their upcoming seasons. Broadway shows also shut down all production until further notice and countless TV shows and movies were delayed or canceled.
bisontuba
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bisontuba »

More craziness from Tennessee....
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Three Valves »

Since the WHO has just declared non/pre-symptomatic transmission “very rare” why doesn’t the NY Phil test it’s musicians, check the temperatures of audience members and proceed??

NYC is in self destruct mode. It’s a shame.
Last edited by Three Valves on Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I am committed to the advancement of civil rights, minus the Marxist intimidation and thuggery of BLM.
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Three Valves »

No, they just managed to cram ten years of decay into ten weeks!!
I am committed to the advancement of civil rights, minus the Marxist intimidation and thuggery of BLM.
bisontuba
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bisontuba »

Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Three Valves »

Why did the article omit what the raw numbers were? Did it go from 1000 to 1650??
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Three Valves »

Or Me Too?? :lol:
bisontuba
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bisontuba »

Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Three Valves »

Wife out of town.

I can watch all the Street Outlaws I want now!! 8)
humBell
4 valves
4 valves

Post by humBell »

Rehearsed today.

Outside, >6ft spacing.

Messed up most runs, as well as any time i tried to use the 4th valve.
And poor breath management. At least i followed the conductor occasionally.
Pretty much double bogey for the course.

Once again i am saved by low expectations and a fellow tuba player.
Thanks for playing!
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

You mean Rasslin'...
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Three Valves »

Wife back. Snoring in chair.

She is so cute!! :oops:
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

Today, I felled a 5 inch (diameter, you jokesters!) tree in my backyard with an axe. Minor stuff, I know. But after living downtown for my entire adult life having a decent sized yard is a new frontier. It was pretty fun. :)
roweenie
pro musician
pro musician

Post by roweenie »

bort wrote:Today, I felled a 5 inch (diameter, you jokesters!) tree in my backyard with an axe. Minor stuff, I know. But after living downtown for my entire adult life having a decent sized yard is a new frontier. It was pretty fun. :)

Why did you cut it down?
"Even a broken clock is right twice a day".
Donn
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Donn »

Did it fall the direction it was supposed to?
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Three Valves »

I had to break out the household electric chain saw yesterday to rid my yard of the logs, not branches, that were blown down. Across the street they had one puncture their roof!! :shock:
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

roweenie wrote:
bort wrote:Today, I felled a 5 inch (diameter, you jokesters!) tree in my backyard with an axe. Minor stuff, I know. But after living downtown for my entire adult life having a decent sized yard is a new frontier. It was pretty fun. :)

Why did you cut it down?
Got in my way.

But really, it was growing at about a 60 degree angle, and just taking up too much yard space. It had also been very crudely pruned at some point before we bought the house, so it just looked pretty bad. Not sure what kind it was, but a very soft wood.